Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Deepest apolagy's

Old 12-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Deepest apolagy's

I Think I may have overstepped some sort of traditional code. You see I shot a mountain lion With a COMPOUND bow and I posted it on the tradgang board and I believe here to , I was excited that it is going in both books and I felt that you guys would like to see it. after talking archery with many of you I felt you all were my friends. If any of you frequent the Tradgang board please pass this along as I did not mean any bad will. I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding. I recieved the following from the trad gang admin and I am no longer welcome on there board [&o] Though you never did say what bow you used to kill yer P&Y/B&C cat, you
knew that Trad Gang is strictly about traditional bowhunting gear, yet you
still posted about your compound kill without mentioning the weapon you
employed. Your Trad Gang post was deceitful at best and we don't at all
appreciate what you did to the membership and traditional bowhunting.

You have been deleted from the Trad Gang membership. You are not allowed
to return. We will inform the Trad Gang membership about the details of
your post.

Rob.
Trad Gang Admin
www.TradGang.com
Old 12-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deepest apolagy's

They did the same some time back to a fella - a pretty famous traditional archer and bowyer - who shot a caribou or some such with a rifle and wrote it up in 'Traditional Bowhunter Magazine' without mentioning he'd used a rifle. I don't think you're nearly as guilty of a fau pax as he was, but feelings are still pretty tender about it.

Yep, you shoulda mentioned you shot it with a compound instead of a stick, but it didn't deal a crushing blow to MY world. Congrats on the hunt.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

I posted it and said I shot it with a compound and the mods deleted it The whole post that is and said this tis trad only. If this is how its going to be maybe traditional archery is not for me. I am new to it and just bought my first recurve I never new It was such a eletist sport. I feel I should just stay with the compound. I am not good enought to hang with this crowed
Old 12-11-2004, 04:21 PM

Rich, this is Whitehair from Tradgang. I posted your dilema, take a look if you can. I am sure many others will find this as stupid as I do, and we will try to get you back.

Congrts on the cat, regardless of what you used to take it...
Old 12-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

As I said bud I just started trad And just boaught a recurve. Hnever hunted trad But I will I did post I shot it with a compound , Hell I was just excited It made the books. Thats all. They are makeing me out to be some sort of liar, Hell I got two witnesses that saw the stalk and ecverything. I think I know why people never talk about large tropheys. Thanks for posting for me. Cheers Rich
Old 12-11-2004, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

you still posted about your compound kill without mentioning the weapon
IMHO: big frickin' deal.

Giving you the boot sure is a good way to bring new archers into the fold. I wouldn't sweat it, you yourself said that you didn't have the confidence (yet) to hunt with trad gear so you went with what you know. It's not like you tried to pass it off on some record keeping organization as a curve/longbow kill. There is no club membership required to shoot our bows, nobody can pull your "card" and boot you out, and I think (hope) that we're grown up enough, tolerant enough, at this site for it to not be an issue. I think you'll find more than a few refugees from other sites where mod's got a hair up their behinds because something offended their view of the world.

Good going on the cat- any body who's ever chased one knows what a grunt it can be to run one down.

RC
Old 12-11-2004, 04:46 PM

I dont blame you one bit, if the compound was the weapon you felt you needed in your hand, than who can?
Old 12-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

The thing the p's me off the most is they say I decieved them I had posted it was a compound kill in october?????? I just was saying it made the books and was proud of that It was my first entry [:@] I think there is a cat lover over there who didn't like the fact I shot a cat.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Another thing that gets me about this whole thing is I thought they all new I shot it with a compound never saw a post asking me otherwise???? I tell anybody that asks what I shot it with. I just dont get it???? never said I took it with a trad bow and said it was a compound more than once in other posts. and now I am some sort of decever!!!! I even apolagised to the mods??? so whats the deal? I read one over there that there has to be more to the story! I agree I just wish I knew what it was???
Old 12-11-2004, 07:20 PM

Rich,

From what I am reading on Tradgang there wasn't a probelm with your choice of equipment, but in the subsequent posts after your initial post about killing the cat. Most all threads are pulled that talk about a kill that wasn't trad related, that's why your first thread was pulled and why it's called Tradgang. In the following threads about your cat, the question was asked of you several times about what equipment was used to make the kill and it SEEMS (notice I said seems) that you never did give an answer when asked. I am new to traditional archery as well, and your talk of the eliteists at Tradgang is utterly incorrect. Tradgang has been a wealth of knowledge for me over the past few months and I have learned more there than all of the other trad sites on the web combined, becasue of the genuine mentoring attitude of the people there who are always willing to answer questions no matter how elementary they may seem.

Congratulations on the cat, it is a true trophy and I don't think that the admins at TG are saying it's not, but it wasn't taken with trad equipment and that is what that site is there for, nothing eliteist about that.

Take care,

M Shane Engelkes
new traditional hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.