Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hungarian Bows

Old 12-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Spike

Default Hungarian Bows

Any one have experience with these bows? I'd like to Hunt with one next year but don't want to try if these are not "ethical" shooters.

http://www.classic-bow.com/catalog/

TY!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:39 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hungarian Bows

They can be shot accurately, but that is up to the shooter. The one I shot had a different feel for sure. Suprisingly smooth for a short bow, and fast, but not forgiving. The bows were originally shot with thumb rings, but I just used a glove. To me, they are a nice novelty but not a bow I'd care to hunt with or shoot 3-D with.

Chad
Old 12-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never shot one, so I can't claim to know anything about how they shoot. I do like the looks of 'em, though.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:35 PM

I shot one a while ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. It grouped pretty well for me, considering that it was a) the first time I shot this type of bow, and b) it was the first time I shot off my knuckles.

The bow did have a good amount of handshock- this could be restricted to this particular bow- I don't know.

I would recommend you try out a few of these bows and see how they go for you. They are ambidextrous, by the way- if you shoot with a glove the arrow would pass on the left for a right handed archer, or on the right if you use a thumb ring.

The Samick Korean bows are pretty similar, and reasonably priced too- they go for about £80 here in the UK. Prob'ly cost you about $75 in the States.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:45 PM
Spike

Iv'e hunted and shot 3D with one of Csaba Grozer's early Avars for a couple of years. Had nothing but good luck with it.
Just recently got an even shorter more radical bow from Spitfire Archery. plan on hunting the last couple of weeks of the season with it.
I shoot them split finger and with a thumb ring. I like the thumb ring better for 3D than hunting
as it takes me a little more time to get set up.
Check out these 2 sites.
http://www.grozerarchery.com
www.spitfirearchery.com
Of the ones you have pictured only the Scythian really comes close.