Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Chek-mate falcon

Old 10-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Chek-mate falcon

Ok Chad you got to stay out of this one. Question. Do any of you have a falcon and how do you like it? I am going to buy one and just wanted to know some likes or dislikes. If you dont like it why? if you like it why? Also How does it Stack up to the hunter take down model? I have never shot a chec-mate bow so I am going into this on faith that you guys and chad wouldn't stear me wrong. so just be honest. thanks Rich
Old 10-20-2004, 11:20 AM

Default RE: Chek-mate falcon

Rich,

I was interested in a Falcon early in the year, and hadn't had one in my hands untill the Kalamazoo show in Jan. For me the Falcon felt like a 2X4 in my hand and just didn't have a comfortable grip. I did end up buying a Hunter II take down that was a nice fit in the hand and was a great shooting bow. You may just want to see if you can shoot one first. If it were me I would spend the extra few $$ and buy a Hunter II. Just my .02
Old 10-20-2004, 11:42 AM

Do any of you have a falcon
Yes, I own the business.

Click the link under the dog pic.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:45 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I know I was supposed to stay out of it, but........

The standard grip on the Falcon (and most of the others) runs big. It's no problem to have that modified if you want. Marc prefers a large grip (helps you avoid torquing), and unless otherwise specified that is what he will do. Speed between the two is very close (as long as you get a bow that is matched to your draw). The biggest thing to consider is do you prefer a take-down or a one-piece.

Chad
Old 10-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Thats cool chad, I just wanted to get a unbias view. I still think I like the falcon the best I have never been a fan of take down bows
Old 10-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Kings Pawn, kinda the Falcon's longer cousin. The grip did feel a bit too thick to me, like Chad said. Being one that can't let well enough alone, a wood rasp and sandpaper fixed that. If I order another, I'll take care to mention that I want a thinner grip, maybe even see if I can get it in a medium or, perhaps, high wrist. It's not a Cadillac of a bow but, for the money I paid, it was a lot better than I expected. I'm very pleased with it, overall.

I wish I could've gotten the Falcon. Looks like a higher performance limb design than the Kings Pawn has, but a 60" bow just isn't long enough for my 32" draw.[&o]
Old 10-22-2004, 09:03 PM

I'm by no means an authority on recurves but my one and only recurve is a Falcon I bought a couple years ago. I am much more accustomed to the tiny grips on todays compounds but I still don't have any problem picking up the Falcon and shooting it. It seems to have a smooth enough draw. I like the way it shoots and feels compared to the few other recurves I have held. I wish I had more to compare to but I don't. I have yet to hunt with it very much and shoot it more just because I like the feel of the recurve. I've been considering a long bow to accompany the recurve but haven't checked into them enough yet to know what I'm interested in.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Typical Buck

I think I am going to get the falcon, chad If you read this how much trouble is it to get the handle slimmed down a bit? I printed out the order form and Will send it monday
Old 10-24-2004, 09:28 AM

Rich,

Someone has one for sale over at TradGang in the classifieds, you should have a look. No waiting except for him to ship you the bow.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, but I will deal with Chad he has put the time in and answered all my questions. I have asked him tons of questions on e-mail and he has spent some time on the key board awsering. He Is a guy I want to give my buissness to. I have faith in his judgement and recomendations I just wanted a unbiase view of the falcon. I am very new to traditional and I am trying to learn all I can before next elk season. I would like to hunt with my new bow by 8-28-05 so the time clocks a tickin.

Quick Reply: Chek-mate falcon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.