Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08 >

The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08

Old 08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usualy give you a little update on Josh around now. Here is a video of him shooting yesterday. He is now 14 and will be deer hunting this year. In the video he is shooting a 35 pound Ben Pearson Cougar.

CLICK_HERE
Old 08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
bigcountry

Dad gone, seens like last year you posted these pictures first time. Boy is growing up quick.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bob.

Josh has improved in leaps and bounds, but then again he has a good teacher
Old 08-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good stuff there Bob, good luck to your son this fall!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats awesome! Great pics, he sure can shoot!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

That is cool, my wife and I just had our first child 2 weeks ago, I can't wait to get him out there and teach him and watch him grow.

Back to right handed I see, I guess he feels more comfortable from that side?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

You noticed. Yes, he is shooting right again. I have a friend whose opinion that I respect very much that knows pretty much all there is to know about archery. In his opinion, it is more important to have him shoot from the dominant side of his back instead of the side of the dominant eye. There are trade off in each (as there is in pretty much everything archery related), however the benefits of shooting from the dominant side of the back seem to outweigh the dominant eye side.
FWIW it has made a difference.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like Josh intends to compete next year. Just wanted to share.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats awesome Bob, keep us updated, I like these threads!

WOW, he sure is growing!!!!!!! Dom is growing like a weed as well, when we were walking out of the woods the other day he look over and says "Dad, I'm catching up to you" and just smiles, he is getting tall. I told him to watch it, I'll still kick his but when needed...... good thing its not needed! The kid has a size 11 foot at 13 years old.... I told him he should grow a beard for hunting season.. He got mad!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to you both! My son is talking about hunting this year, but hasn't put any work into it yet, so I don't know. I know he's not going to use a bow unless he shows me he can still shoot. He's been ate up with chasing girls the last couple of years....guess I should be thankful he's not chasing boys the way things are these days.

Ya'll need to start feeding your kids better. My son is also 14, around 6'1", and wears the same size shoe I do (14 EEEE). He weighs around 275, and can pick me up off the floor (I've lost a bit, but still checked in at 348 the other day at the doc's office). He's lifting weights a little, but not seriously. He doesn't take much of anything seriously, unless I get mad. Wish I could figure out what it takes to motivate this kid--he's got brains and brawn, but doesn't much care to use either one most of the time. This is me most of the time--guess it's normal when you have a teen-ager.

Chad

Quick Reply: The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.