Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08

Old 08-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The youngster - PICS

Just wanted to share a few updated pics of my son;

This is Josh, now 10 with his selfbow which Arthur helped helped me find. He shoots it at 20 pounds, uses 1416 Easton Jazz and one of Chads custom strings.---That's his groupings at 10 yards also.

This is him shooting his mother's 25# Bear BearCat. The recurve is 66" long, he is 54" tall. Another LBR cusom string on that bow.

Old 08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Got to be the string![8D]

Looks like he's really coming on in there! My son is still struggling with growth spurts, glasses, and now braces. Ten years old, a little over five feet tall, and near 150 pounds. He can pull my60 @ 28longbow back to his ear and hold it, but he hasn't gotten his shooting back yet (he normally shoots 38 @ 28, but draws maybe 24-25"). He's still a fair shot--he went on his first real bowfishing trip a few weeks ago, and put more fish in the boat than the rest of us--some pretty good ones too--still got to work on 3D though.

Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work!

Chad
Old 08-21-2005, 05:37 PM

Proverbs 22:6 – "Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it."

Great looking lad there.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow LBR that's one strong kid you got there! I'll probably keep moving him up in poundage each year until he 14(legal hunting age NY). I'm sure by then he should be able to shoot a 40-45 pound bow without a problem.

Thanks for the kind words. We'll have to see if we can get Byron to sign this one also. It's a riot watching a young one watch someone like Byron shoot and really appreciate and get into it.

Got to be the string![8D]
I'm not arguing.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just wanted to share a new pic of my son shooting his Howard Hill Cheetah Longbow. The bow is 40#s at 24", 58"s long. I think he's a bit overbowed with it right now, but he should grow into by the time he is old enough to hunt big game (he just turned 12). The first few shots with it are fine, but he runs out of pulling power quickly. He seems to be wanting to shoot this bow over his self-bow lately, but I may ask him to shoot the self-bow also. That one is 30's and he pulls it with ease.

Hey, alsmost forgot, that's one of LBR's strings on it.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

The boy is growin' like a weed! Pretty soon you're gonna have a teenager on your hands and he'll be stealing YOUR bow.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 AM

Great lookin' pictures. . .I love the progression. . .tells a story itself.

Great lookin' string too.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Nice job, it looks like he growing like a weed. Looking good!!

I could be looking at it wrong, but has he switched from right handed to left handed in the last couple of years? Like I said, I may be looking at it wrong, but I think that is whatI see. If so, how did that come about?
Old 07-25-2007, 07:26 AM
bigcountry

Goodness, the boy has better form and shots than I do. Should be a fine archer one day.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, he grew six inches in the last year. Going through clothes and shoes too fast.

Millertime, you are correct,he switched from righty to lefty two years ago. We were finally able to determine that he was left eye dominent after a lot of trying.IMO it was better to switch him when he was still young.

Pretty soon you're gonna have a teenager on your hands and he'll be stealing YOUR bow.
Actually, that would have been easier on my pocketbook. As it is, I have to buy his lefty and mine righty. [:@]

Quick Reply: The youngster - PICS - Update 8/20/08

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.