Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Ghost Town??

Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Ghost Town??

I am beginning to think this forum is like a ghost town, anybody out there??

Going to the Traditional Bowhunter's Expo West in Ontario, Oregon tomorrow. It runs March 12th-14th.

Heres a link www.tradbow.com, click on trad expo west for more info...

Sam Fadala and Dale Karch will be there, also there is alot of nice recurves and long bows there to sample, probably will end up with another recurve, oh well....
Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 PM

Default RE: Ghost Town??

Boooooo!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:40 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Justa slow time of year I guess--I've noticed on other boards that posting has slowed down, and there seems to be a lot of redundant topics and some posts just to be posting topics.

I've been pretty busy myself--even though I have been off work for 5 weeks with a bum ankle, I've still been pretty occupied with other things. Trying to get geared up for the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia State Championship next weekend (doubt I will be able to walk the course, but going to set up there), then the Kentucky Klassic two weeks later, then Twin Oaks in May, Cloverdale in June...........in between doctor appointments, and about to start physical therapy--mercy! Wondering how I had time to get anything done when working full time! lol

I'd love to go to the OR expo, but due to my work situation it looks like a trip there I had planned for later this year will be postponed for a while (had an elk hunt planned). Oh well.........it could always be worse!

We could start some threads on why this or that bow is no good, why longbows are better than recurves, Dynaflight '97 vs. 8125 vs. 450+ vs. 452 vs. 6-8-10-20 strands.........lol.

I'd love to hear how your trip goes--chomping at the bits for my travelling to start!

Chad
Old 03-12-2004, 09:54 PM

Chad,
I will let you know...I am just curious if there will be any chek- mate bows to demo(LH) of course, as my bro took off with the one we had won on e-bay, he's my little big brother, so he wins!! If not, I think I might just order one of the hunter models, as you can have one at 58"-upto I think 62"...

Take care of that ankle, and don't over do it, so she heals good for hunting season!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Not likely there will be a dealer there--wish I could make it, but just too far away. The Hunter I comes in 56" to 62", and longer can be special ordered (62" will handle a 32" draw though). 56" is a bit different design than the rest, I like the 58" better. In a Hunter II, 58"-62" also.

Chad
Old 03-13-2004, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to say.........
Until I get my new CheckMate Thunderbird...... soon...... I hope!
Old 03-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm too busy on the political forum and trading bows.

I bought a TD Horne, bought a TD Adcock, traded TD Horne for a TD Hummindbird, traded it for a TD Robertson, bought a 3 piece TD ACS with 2 sets of limbs for $1050 on EBAY, traded Robertson for a Mathews LX, sold it on EBAY, returned the 3 piece TD ACS ......... been a busy 3-4 weeks

Now I'm looking for a 3 peice TD Hummingbird with 2 sets of limbs in 50# and 60# weights. I'll be patient and wait ... there'll be one come along ...
Old 03-13-2004, 11:54 PM

Well, I had an excellent time at the Trade Expo, alot of bows, I went from booth to booth and looked at quite a few nice bows, from recurves to long bows. Spent alot of time at the Black Widow booth and sampled the takedown, the one piece recurve and even there long bow, and each one was very impressive for accuracy, my favorite is the one piece recurve.
I then walked up to a booth, and the guy happened to have a lefty laying there, a 58" long bow called a LIL MAGNUM, SELWAY. I did'nt expect too much from this bow, but when I shot that first arrow I was totally amazed at how well this bow performed from a long bow. I continued to shoot with deadly accuracy with this bow and it also has incredible speed too. I BOUGHT THE BOW!!! Went home and continued to shoot till dark, Did'nt think I would ever shoot or own a long bow, but really never had much of a chance to really sample one either, till today. That is the neat thing about this expo is you can sample bows till you find the one which really fits you or talks to you as they say, that is exactly what I did, for $600 and a selway quiver and a selway stringer and bow sock, if anyone ever gets a chance--sample the selway longbow; have to shoot it to believe it, they just don't have the bigtime name, YET...
I better clarify on the selway quiver, he gave me one that had a blemish on one that he otherwise would'nt sell...I just can not get over just how light this bow is, even with the quiver on, light as a feather....the other nice feature I like about the bow is the shelf is center cut, shoots where you are looking...

Heres the link on selway long bows if you have never seen one,

www.selwayarchery.com
Old 03-15-2004, 10:49 AM

I tend to hang out more on the normal Bowhunting forum because you get more response and more interest there. Everytime I login, I start here and see that I am the only one. Like right now.
I then go to the main forum.

Either way I get or can give the information that is needed.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Well, the compound guys on Technical Forum don't like me because I don't shoot a Bowtech and since I don't shoot a Chek-Mate Traditional bow, no one here wants to hear my opinion either.

Sag.

Quick Reply: Ghost Town??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.