Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What Shoots........

Old 02-15-2004, 01:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default What Shoots........

Do you plan to hit this year? I know several of us plan to be at the KK--always look forward to that one.

On my agenda are: TBG, March 20,21; KK, April 3,4; ASTB Children's Hospital Benefit, April 24,25; Twin Oaks, May1,2; TX State Longbow Championship (hopefully), May 29,30; Cloverdale, June 11,12,and 13. Plan on hitting several other smaller shoots also, plus the ASTB State Championship in August. Lots of othes I'd like to do, time permitting, but I plan on being at these if nothing gets in the way (work).

How about the rest of you?

Chad
Old 02-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Shoots........

I'll definitely be going to ETAR(Denton Hill,Pa),GATAR,STAR(Sawmill,Pa),Baltimore Classic,and probably a few local trad shoots.Might go to the Appalachian Trad rendezvous this year.
Old 02-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chad - Which of those are closest to Arkansas ??? I got a trad buddy that might make a trip with me.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stealthy - the Texas State Longbow Championship is in Fort Worth. Not too far from Arkysaw. It's limited to the first 250 shooters to register and it's a mail-in registration. I've never gotten to shoot in it.

I'm sticking with a few local shoots, and staying away from the big ones. I can't spend a whole day on my feet any more.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Probably Twin Oaks Stealthy. TSLC might be close too, but they are pretty strict on what classifies as a longbow. You can contact them for the measurements--they have a jig that the bow must fit in to be eligible for competition.

Chad
Old 02-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

they have a jig that the bow must fit in to be eligible for competition.
Seriously ? Thats way too competetive for me
Old 02-17-2004, 08:39 AM

Hi Brad,
Looks like about 400 miles from Little Rock to the Twin Oaks shoot. It's a bout 325 miles for me, but Chad has talked me into coming this year, he says it's his favorite shoot. I really like the Ky Klassic. Come on up to one or both, we always have a great time.

Darrel
Old 02-17-2004, 11:13 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Seriously on the jig. It's not a fancy contraption, but your bow has to fit it to be in the competition. I don't think there is a 3-piece made that will pass. Really big risers like on some of the 21st Century bows won't pass either, nor radical defelx/reflex if I remember correctly. Pretty sure they have relaxed the rules some--I think in the past your bow pretty much had to be a Hill style.

Some of the best shooters in the US have competed there, and I expect they will continue--I guess they just want to keep the shoot on an even keel. I want to shoot it for the heck of it, and see some friends out that way.

The KK is a great gathering, with two challenging courses and it's non-competitive. Scorecards are issued if you want one, but you don't turn them in. We usually keep score just to rag on each other, or have a "North vs South" competition amonst ourselves.

Chad
Old 02-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was at a shoot 3 weeks ago and my arrow and another fellows were in the target. He was bickering if it was a 10 or a 12 - I mean like arguing the point over and over, and I simply said give me my arrow and score it however you want to, 2 points don't mean nothing to me anyway. That guy wasn't too happy about my attitude.

Thing is, I shoot and am competitive ... but I aint going to argue over 2 points that migth or might not win me a $2 plastic trophy, you know ?

I do understand the even keel thing though, and in big money shoots I suppose theres a purpose.

How far is far when you talk about the shoot at Twin Oaks ??
Old 02-17-2004, 12:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Well, the TSLC ain't a money shoot--I'm not sure what kind of trophy you get, and the top 20 get a belt buckle, but still not something you'd get all tore up about--more bragging rights than anything I guess. I go for fun myself. I do compete, and enjoy it, but I don't take myself that seriously--one reason I've never shot IBO. Not that you can't have fun there, but it seems too many of those guys are way too serious about it.

Looks like Broker did the math--he said about 400 miles from Little Rock to Twin Oaks. It's located in Clarkesville, TN, just outside of Nashville. It is a shoot I will go to if at all possible. It's a few hours drive for me, but I really look forward to it.

Chad

Quick Reply: What Shoots........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.