Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Charity Tournament Results >

Charity Tournament Results

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Charity Tournament Results

Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Charity Tournament Results

Our club (The Southern Traditional Archery Association) had our "Catch-a-Dream" charity tournament this past weekend (www.catchadream.org). I'm currently the club president, but due to family obligations I wasn't able to do nearly as much as I wanted to this year. That, along with the lousy economy, had me concerned. Every tournament I've been to this summer, except one, has been noticeably smaller. Folks just don't have much "play" money.

Our club is pretty small to begin with, and our tournament never seems to get the recognition it deserves. Boy did I underestimate our club members!

I don't know what the final tally will be after expenses, but right now it looks like we raised, at a minimum, $15,000+ for the Catch-a-Dream Foundation. I was floored! We did get some corporate help in the form of matched funds, but we had to raise the money first.

Pretty amazing I thought. Yeah, MS is the "poorest" state in the nation--but also one of the most generous. I'll take that kind of poor any day.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:32 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I missed it by a mile. With the matching funds from Modern Woodsmen and Bass Pro Shops we were able to write a check for $21,000 (that's TWENTY-ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS) to the Catch-a-Dream Foundation. Not bad for a little redneck traditional archery club.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by LBR
Our club (The Southern Traditional Archery Association) had our "Catch-a-Dream" charity tournament this past weekend (www.catchadream.org). I'm currently the club president, but due to family obligations I wasn't able to do nearly as much as I wanted to this year. That, along with the lousy economy, had me concerned. Every tournament I've been to this summer, except one, has been noticeably smaller. Folks just don't have much "play" money.

Our club is pretty small to begin with, and our tournament never seems to get the recognition it deserves. Boy did I underestimate our club members!

I don't know what the final tally will be after expenses, but right now it looks like we raised, at a minimum, $15,000+ for the Catch-a-Dream Foundation. I was floored! We did get some corporate help in the form of matched funds, but we had to raise the money first.

Pretty amazing I thought. Yeah, MS is the "poorest" state in the nation--but also one of the most generous. I'll take that kind of poor any day.
That's AWESOME Chad; God is good.