Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My New OL Adcock Bow

Old 09-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My New OL Adcock Bow

OK guys, as a few of you have requested, here are a few pictures of my new OL Adcock Bow. It is the new ACS model. The riser on the bow is gaboon ebony with black stripes, the overlays are made of Chakte Kok, it has a locator grip with a palm swell, tonkin cane limbs with carbon, and black glass. The bow is 66" and pull 56# at 31" .

And here is my ugly mugg........

Let me know what you guys think (and I don' t , mean my mugg..).
Old 09-30-2003, 07:51 AM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: My New OL Adcock Bow

Very nice looking bow BobCo. The colors accent each other very nicely.

So, how does she shoot? Is it smooth and fast?
Old 09-30-2003, 08:01 AM

Bob, I' ve also got a new Adcock ACS. It' s the one that Norb Mullaney tested recently. 64" 51#@28" (altho marked 53#@28" ). Dymonwood Cocobolo riser, actionboo with carbon limbs and black glass. It' s a screamer. Chrono' d 454gr 2016s at 201fps. Seems to love 65# 23/64 cedar arrows cut to 28" with 125gr points. The only problem is I' ve had to lower my aiming point about 6" at 20yrds, this thing shoots so flat.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your knees, sir.... they' re every bit as ugly as mine! Good thing you' ve got a pretty bow to keep folks from looking too hard at them.

I really do like the red and black color scheme. Never have gotten over the attraction to my old high school colors.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your knees, sir.... they' re every bit as ugly as mine!
Gee Art, thanks for noticing. They only come out for public pictures posted on the internet, and then they really shine for me.

Yes, I am very impressed with shootability of this bow. This is actually the first stick bow that I have owned that doesn' t stack up on me with my long draw, what a nice change for me. Speed seems very nice.

Floxter - sounds like a great bow. How long of a wait did you have? Took me 18 months. I actually ordered his regular design longbow, this was before the ACS started coming out. So, I guess I had to just settle for an ACS (HeHeHe).
Old 09-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Bob,

That' s a great looking bow.
My Trails End I have on order will have an African Blackwood riser with Bloodwood stripe and accects.
Black and red is a natural combination and goes great together.
You have one of the best, if not the best, Longbows.
Congratulations.

Sag.
Old 09-30-2003, 09:39 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Bob! I know the feeling with the long draw and all--used to think I have to have a 68" -70" bow. Bet it' s a great shooter!

Chad
Old 10-01-2003, 12:06 AM

Bob nice bow....if you are drawing 31" You must have 34-5" arrows because it looks like 3-4" of shaft sticking out infront of the bow at full draw. You shooting extra long shafts intentionally?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi Jim, Yes, my arrow is uncut at 34" in that picture, I am also using a 175 grain field tip that is about 1 1/2" long (around there anyway). When the picture was taken, the bow was not tuned yet.

Sagittarious, sounds like an awesome bow, maybe we should get the two of them together sometime. who knows what might happen, they' d probably have some real nice looking children.....

Here is another picture of the riser. Didn' t turn out that great though. I' m an amature when taking digital pictures. I think that my wife and I will have to get one for Christmas this year though. They seem aweful nice. The top part reads " Custom Built by OL Adcock" .

Old 10-01-2003, 07:47 AM

When OL gets back from his moose hunt I think I am next in line (or close to it) for mine to be built. Ebony riser, white overlayw/strips/tips - all black and white bow, 56# @ 28" targeted weight.

I hunted with an ACS - shot one for about 6 weeks and yes, they are super shooting bows. Faster by 10-15 fps over other bows of same weight using same arrow. Compared to my old style Adcock longbow the ACS shoots to the right - rather the arrows go farther to the right - I am thinking this is due to a more center shot design ? Anyway, switching between the two was tough - its like the ACS shoots like a recurve, has the speed of a recurve but is quiet and shock free like a longbow.

I' ll post pics when I get mine ........

Quick Reply: My New OL Adcock Bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.