Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery >

Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery

Old 09-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery

I have been shooting the best over the past 10 days than I ever have since I first started traditional archery a little over 4 years ago. I have switched back from longbows, sorry LBR, Long Bows (DON" ' T) Rule for me![]

I recently bought a used 56" Bill Stewart Multicam T/D recurve that is 50#@27" . I was really concerned about the bow being so short, but man can I ever shoot that bow accurately. It is actually shooting where I' m looking! What a change for me.

I think the generous 3/16" cut past center is a great benefit. And it loves the Carbonwood V-Maxx 3000s that I' m shooting. Cut to 29" BOP and with a 125 gr broadhead/firld point, it weighs in at 486 gr. I' m shooting right at 9.7 gr/pdf. The bow chronoed at 183 fps at my 27" draw at The Archery Shop. I think that too is helping.

My computer (err, brain) has quickly adjusted to the flatter arc of the faster bow. I was having fun shooting fun before, but man it is funner, I know, its not a word but that' s how I feel!!, when everything comes together!!

Bill
Old 09-26-2003, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery

Thats what is fun about trad. archery. There are so many bows to try and sooner or later we all find one that we have confidence in until the next bow we see seems to shoot better. Keep shooting, theres one out there for everyone. John
Old 09-28-2003, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting the Best Since I Started Trad Archery

I love longbows. Absolutely love ' em. Can' t see how anyone that claims to be civilized can keep house without at least ONE longbow somewhere on the premises! But I can' t shoot one near as good as I can a recurve. Oh, I make the occasional miracle shot - just often enough to keep me hopeful - but I' m not a natural longbow shooter.

And I know guys that can tear up a beer can at 50 yards with a longbow, but they' d be better off chunkin' rocks than trying to shoot a recurve.

Bottom line though - Hittin' watcha point at always makes shootin' more funner!

Sounds like you found yourself a little gem there, Bill!