Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
early September mule deer >

early September mule deer

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

early September mule deer

Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default early September mule deer

A bit late out of the gate but here's a couple of shots from a Sept 1st pack in mulie hunt. My wife and I did this trip last year and it was so much fun we went back and took along a friend of ours from Vancouver. We were hunting south central BC.

In the 4 days we were up in the high country we saw 10 bucks, 8 were 4X4 or better and at least 4 of the 8 would go B&C. We also saw 5 grizzlies & a wolf.

Of course I didn't get any photo's of the deer. Helen was hunting with her muzzle loader, I had my 'curve and our friend his sako. I never did get in tight enough for a shot on any of the bucks, wife got winded on a stalk on a non-typical hat rack, and our friend tipped over one of the smaller 4X4's.

Long day, tired wife

on the way up

Kuiu gear in the rocks

1 of 5 grizzlies

RC
Old 11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like an incredible hunt. Congrats to your friend on the buck and props to you for going at it with the recurve.
-Jake
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice. Im jealous.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Beautiful country--thanks for the pics! Doesn't look like I'll be coming up that way after all--Marc bailed on me. Ever hear from him?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey LB!

Maybe one of these days you'll get up here. Haven't seen/heard from Marc in a long time- not since before he moved. Had a full year hunting this year Started with griz in the spring, did a 14 day stone sheep/mtn goat/caribou fly in hunt in mid Aug, then mulie hunt in early Sept and rounded out with a week of whitetails in Nov.

All with the Mrs.

All incredible hunts, lost a bunch of weight but the freezer stayed empty until the whitetail trip.

cheers,
RC
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Wow! Sounds like you were busy! The one hunt I was able to do in Northern Ontario was one of the best of my life, and the only "meat" I had to show for it was a couple of spruce grouse (was moose hunting). I'd do it again in a heartbeat!