Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Good Bow Makers?

Old 08-22-2003, 07:29 PM

Default Good Bow Makers?

I`m a compound shooter who for years has thought about reducing al my gadgets into one neat, light package. The first thing I`ll ask is the names and bows that everyone thinks would be good for someone who has lots of experience with compounds but is still a rookie when it comes to traditional. I have no aversions to heavy draw weights and do realize that I won`t have that loved 65% let-off anymore, but after all these years I feel I`d like to get back to the simplier things. Thanks
Old 08-22-2003, 10:33 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good Bow Makers?

You have, in my opinion, one of the finest bowyers around up there, Marc Moriez (Chek-Mate). If you want, I will see if I can find a dealer near you--Chek-Mate is located in Abbotsford, but they have several dealers in Canada, and they don' t sell direct anyway.

Where is Port Hope located? I was in the James River territory hunting last year (Golden Eagle Camp) and hope to get back in the next couple of years--loved it! Beautiful country, very nice people, lots of game (although all I got was a couple of spruce grouse, it was the best hunt I have ever been on--moose just didn' t cooperate).

Chad
Old 08-23-2003, 06:11 AM

[8D] Here is the name of on bower also that you could look into " Bow River Archery" Cochrane, Alberta Canada T4C 1J1 Phone (403) 932-5222

Have two of his bows and fine both fine quality and shoot well. Mention that you where told by Renegade Archery. Good Luck and welcome to the real fun!
Old 08-23-2003, 07:29 AM

I wish I lived near the James River but sadly I live in Southern Ontario an hour east of Toronto. Has anyone heard of Granite Ridge Bows? They are an Ontario bowmaker and I was wondering if anyone had tried them?