Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
80# Longbow, where to order? >

80# Longbow, where to order?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

80# Longbow, where to order?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Spike

Default 80# Longbow, where to order?

Hi, I am new to this forum. I've been shooting 55# longbow for a while and want to move up to the higher poundage bow. Right away I can answer few questions so they don't come up in the thread over and over :-). I 5'10" 195Lb male, I've been working out since teen years. 55 pound bow is my first bow ever, and I never had any issues pulling it from the start ,and now it feels really easy. I want more challenge in the pull. I will not be hunting with this bow (well maybe in the future). I simply want to have a challenge in my longbow shooting.
Is there a good bow maker who can make high pounds bow? I was thinking to get me 80 pounder at 28 pull length.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Just look up war bows. Once you get in that weight catagory you move from hunting bows to war bows.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I know Black Widow has made some very heavy draw recurves, and longbows over 80#--they may still offer them. Just check around with different bowyers--you might get a deal on one that missed weight. Byron Ferguson had one several years ago that was pulling around 120@28, but it was left-handed. It was a goof.

Chad
Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by LBR
I know Black Widow has made some very heavy draw recurves, and longbows over 80#--they may still offer them. Just check around with different bowyers--you might get a deal on one that missed weight. Byron Ferguson had one several years ago that was pulling around 120@28, but it was left-handed. It was a goof.

Chad
Thank you guys.
I found some guy on the ebay who is willing to make me 80 pounds bow from hickory. Its cheap and probably not very good bow, but at I thought I will be able to train myself on that bow before spending $500 on some nice build ones.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Spike

You could talk to Jim Belcher of Belcher bows and he also makes Sky archery bows also. Jim is a good bowyer to deal with. And another good bowyer to deal with is Steve Turey of Northern mist longbows.