Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Samick sage vs Martin hunter >

Samick sage vs Martin hunter

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Samick sage vs Martin hunter

Old 06-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Spike

Default Samick sage vs Martin hunter

Hey everyone, when I last posted I was curious to what suggestions you would all have towards a good deer hunting recurve. Some of you said the Samick Sage was great for the money and then some of you said Martin would be a great starter. Everyone has there own pick that of coarse that fits them best. Yet I am just getting started and just want help picking between four bows I am perparing to buy off e bay soon. .

The Samick sage

The martin hunter or x 100/200(A LITTLE OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE!)

The bear grizzly or kodiak

A older ben pearson

Feel free to suggest different models but it seems that the hunter and sage get the best rep. MY father owned a bear and loved it, which is why it made my list. I do like a take down but that martin hunter is pretty to the eye. They all shoot well and its just a matter of preferance to me at this point.

Last edited by Hardcorehunter16; 06-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'd lean toward the Sage if you are on a tight budget (who isn't), and because it has a warranty. 'Course the final answer will be with you, and what feels best in your hands.

Chad
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Spike

Sure, I'm biased, but the Hunter is sweet! I own one and its an excellent bow. But if $ were a consideration in making my choice, then the Sage would be a contender.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

Sage for the budget, but if money isn't the problem, then the 62" Martin Hunter.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Hunter.There's no question of those you mention it's the best but if it's outside the budget...