Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

shooting glove swap?

Old 07-16-2003, 04:18 AM

Default shooting glove swap?

There is very little good traditional equipment available at retail from the handful of archery shops in my area. I usually order from 3 Rivers, but found out the hard way the glove sizes vary manufacturer to manufacturer. I normally shoot a large Damascus which is a little tight fingertip to wrist, so I ordered a Superglove in X-large only to find out it' s too big. Does anyone have a Superglove in large or a Damascus in X-large they' d be interested in swapping? If so, E-mail me at [email protected]
Old 07-22-2003, 03:10 PM

Default RE: shooting glove swap?

I didn' t have any takers on this one, but I found another solution. A shoe repair place shortened the glove by the width of the wrist strap and re-stitched it. Now it fits like a glove (pardon the pun). Thanks anyway!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:40 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I found that out too! I won' t buy a glove via mail order anymore, since all of them can vary in size, regardless of what they are marked. If I buy one, it' s at a shoot where I can try it on first. There is one exception--American Leathers will use a trace of your hand to fit the glove to you. I have one on order now, should be here this week or next week. I' ll see how that goes, but so far I have heard nothing but good reports on the products. I used to use the Damascus glove, and here is one thing I found out--get it a size too small. I' d get mine so I could barely squeeze my hand into it, and by the time I got it broke in it had stretched to the point that it fit just right. Getting one that fit when new meant it would be loose when I had it broken in.

Chad
Old 08-04-2003, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well i am not sure how much of a help i can be for this but just thought i would try anyway [:-] I just use regular Franklin batting gloves because they are pretty tough and have good grip. I actually use them more for pulling my arrows out of my target' box' because i was getting some mean blisters before that.lol
Old 08-14-2003, 12:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and the only bad thing about the gloves i wear is the strap rubs against my neck at times but other then that, works great