Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 What' s Everyone Up to? >

What' s Everyone Up to?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What' s Everyone Up to?

Old 06-28-2003, 10:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default What' s Everyone Up to?

Been pretty busy here--about to recover from Cloverdale, now I have to start getting ready for the Alabama State Traditional Championship in August. That will be my last big shoot for year. I know I need to start looking at my hunting spots and see if I can figure out what the deer are doing, but dang it' s hot! Hope to do some bowfishing soon, other than that it' s bussiness as usual. Oh yeah, trying to get some information together for a bear hunt in BC next year--never too early to start planning for that! How about the rest of you?

Chad
Old 06-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What' s Everyone Up to?

I just got done overhauling an old Pearson Colt that a friend of mine gave me. Twisted limbs, banged up, bad tiller, too much poundage and not worth much other than strength training my shootin' muscles. Narrowed the limbs to cut the draw weight, radiused the shelf, sanded it all down and refinished it. Can' t wait to lauch a few arrows out of it.

Other than that, same ol' same ol' .
Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 PM

Setting up a new bow!
Old 06-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Waitin on the new bow, a used bow from ebay, ponderin what I' ll do about arrows and all that, working and trying to find time to shoot. Trying to get ready for squirrels and woodchucks. Went fishin today but didn' t catch anything, nothing was hittin at all. I feel like a little kid; everyday on comin home from work I' m wonderin if today' s the day. Other than that, it' s just another day at the office.

Brandan
Old 06-28-2003, 03:13 PM

I think the mailman has run off with my new Crusader. Chad shipped it last Monday and it hasn' t come yet. Poor mailman thinks I' m insane. Met him at the door every day this week. Just so happens I needed to be home from work when he showed up Sitting out in the yard today and the mailman comes around the corner and I hear my wife say Uhhh Nooo. I turn around and he' s stairing at the two of us. I asked, he said no Bow Torture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet one of the mailmen is a Black Widow shooter and was so impressed took it hostage[>:]

Longbow Less Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 05:23 PM

Just got back from a one week float trip on the Deschutes River in Oregon. Did a bunch of flyfishing for trout and scoped a number of mule deer in the hills in the late evenings. I' m thinking I may have to do this trip again during archery season. Other than that, I' m scouting for elk in the coastal range.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Working the bugs out of a new Black Thunder longbow I received last Tuesday. After the Tannehill Charity shoot and the Elberton shoot, I determined that the used Black Thunder I bought was too heavy for me to use as a dual purpose hunting and 3D bow. So I decided a compromise would be to buy a new one at a lower poundage that I could handle and that would be adequate for deerhunting.

It is 62" n-t-n, 48#@28" , cocobolo riser with bocote 1/4" accent stripe, bocote accents on belly side of riser and limb tips, cocobolo accents on backside of riser and limb tips, two yew lams sandwiched around a walnut core, a layer of carbon over the yew lam and under black glass on the bellyside of the limbs, and clear glass over the yew lam on the backside of the limbs.

The bow can be viewed at the following link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/lamb1647/...ongbow&.view=t

The pictures really don' t do the cocobolo justice. It almost looks like ebony or black phenolic in the pics. Actually it is a deep red with black and purple streaks. Print number 6 of 6 gives a bit of a hint of the true color of the cocobolo.

It is a very sweet shooting bow, smooth as silk, and very quiet. When I focus on where I want to hit and get a good clean release and don' t drop my bow arm, it hits where I' m looking within 2" out to 20 yards. I haven' t shot it past 20 yards as of yet, but I' m working my way out. I can actually hold it without getting the shakes like I did with the 53#@28" bow.

Bill
Old 06-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Im gonna work 24 more hours of overtime next weekend, then Im going to fish like theres no tomorrow, and get to shooting the bow. Gotta get ready to moose, then bear hunt with Brian, then whitetails. Gonna be another busy fall, but hey, I' ll suffer through it.

Brian and John both drew bear tags this year, so I am the designated camera man. Looks like I might get to participate after all.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:36 PM

Been shooting prarie dogs with my Bighorn recurve. What a blast!
Old 06-29-2003, 04:57 PM

I' ve been working on my 1969 travel trailer so I' ll have a place to crash on my new property. I' m heading down to put in a privy and set the trailer next weekend. Maybe a little scouting too. Dick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.