Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Longbow or Recurve?

Old 04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by LBR
Looks to me like something was missed allright. Maha, do you even shoot a bow? I saw your post about pigs--straight from a book or websight, not from experience--am I correct?

On the x-bow, there's a forum for that--this ain't it.
Its spam. Or computers testing the waters. These hackers/spammers/etc. have these programs that searches forums for key words, and post things that might be relavent or not. Actually I have heard some forums do it on purpose also to push up thier advertising number. Kinda inflate the numbers. I don't think thats what is happening here.

They usually have some some webpage attached they want you to go too.

So how's the family? Are things stil the same with MIL? I am prayin for your family

Old 04-30-2010, 03:29 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Thanks BC--that's all I needed to know. I'll take care of that one. I knew something wasn't just right, just didn't know what.

Mom in law is getting weaker by the day, but we knew what was coming--just don't know how long. My wife did manage to get a little grin out of her today. It amazes me that someone as sick as she is was able to grin.

She's sleeping most of the time, and we're doing our best to control her pain and nausea.

We very much appreciate the thoughts and prayers. My wife and I are getting a little bit of cabin fever, but we let each other get out some--just rare that we can get out together, and can't stay long when we do.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have used compounds, recurves and now a custom Deville Bamboo backed osage longbow. I will have to say I am more accurate with the longbow.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Longbow for me
Old 05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies. I like them both but I always seem to go back to the recurve........but I'm tired of jumping around.
So I'm gonna stick with the recurve, but I know it's more personal preference and most of all THE SHOOTER.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

I've been shooting my hybrid longbow less and less. I really don't care for the grip on the longbow. If this keeps up, I'm going to try and sell it and put the money towards buying another recurve, preferalbly a one piece 66" Blacktail recurve.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Spike

Smile

I started out on the recurve in 1974 and along about 1989 I started shooting longbows off and on.
I like both, but I always seem to make a liar out of myself when I say " I'm gonna stick with the longbow"........I always go back to the recurve.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Spike

I shoot my recurves of different draw weights and it always takes me 10 -15 shots to get dialed in.I can take my Longbow off the rack and hit right where I'm looking first shot.I'm going to the NCTAC in Hickory,NC next weekend and I decided to shoot my longbow even though it is a little on the heavy side 65#.I just shoot for pleasure not competition so I'm planning on a great weekend.Some shoot recurves better,more power to them.I learned to shoot with my Longbow and I'm sticking with it.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Spike

I prefer hybrids myself, seem to be the best of both recurves and longbows all rolled into one without any of the bad manners that can plague either, But it's fun just shooting about any bow, and that's what it's all about...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Spike

I recently switched to traditional equipment and love it! I chose a longbow for no other reason than the friend that got me involved with traditional archery said it may be easier to learn to shoot.

Plus in my neck of the woods there are many more opportunities to join clubs and associations surrounding longbows rather than recurves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.