Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Finally I get back into it >

Finally I get back into it

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Finally I get back into it

Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Congrats--what a present!

The best advice I can offer is learn how to shoot and tune first, then worry about accuracy and hunting. The best info. I've seen for sale, other than a personal coach, is "Masters of the Barebow, Volume III".

Good luck!

Chad
Old 09-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

i nabbed a stringer for cheap. My Father was a shooting coach at Miami of ohio, so I lucked out and get alot of good help, thats why he had all the freebies layin around. I got a new bearhair rest on it and pad, and he looked at it, took it shot 4 in the bull at 15 yards and said "real nice bow phil, love these K-mags" haha.
i was like "showoff" lol It was cool though
I found that i can shoot better if i shoot quickly and with the bow canted, which is a bit wierd when i pick apart my compound form routinly. My old man just said "hey, fred bear did it" I would like to get to the point of being able to hold for a while and not shoot high.