Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long) >

Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long)

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long)

Old 05-03-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long)

So here is a tale of woe and from an idiot...
Beautiful day yesterday temperature wise, a few rainstorms were nice for me because I figured a warm rain was all that was needed to get the carp, suckers and shad running strong. I just got my first recurve and have shot it all of 5-6 times and couldn' t WAIT for the bowfishing to start.

I went after the rain and I was right...fish everywhere. Up the dam, in the shallows, in the current, everywhere. I' m a pretty poor shot, but got a couple and was haveing a ball whan I see the MONSTER coming up the dam. It' s a little out of my range, but I figure my string would make it.....

Now here is the BIG difference btw bowfishing and indoor spots. Loose grip. No torque. Relaxed hand....these are a PLUS in spot shooting right? You can see where this is going [:' (]

I take the shot; 2 feet short. Arrow pulls the bow out of my hand and into the raging river. [:@]

I swam, I cried, I cursed...I got my fishing pole and put the deepest running crank on I had with me and caught the line! REDEMPTION! Only to have it break after retrieving the arrow only 6 inches from my hand Almost had it again and it snapped again as swiped the air where the bow was a split second ago. 2 hrs I tried...darkness drove me home. [X(]

So for those Bowfishermen out there I hope you learn from one idiots mistake. Strap it on your wrist, hold it tight or attach the end of the line to your person. Cause I' m madder than a hornet and feel like a real jackass.

Old 05-03-2003, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long)

It takes a true man to admit his mistakes. Better luck in the future.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Stupid story of how I lost my Curve (long)

Man that' s bad luck. Thought I had it bad when my lab chewed up a new recurve that I only had for 24 hours. Lucky for me the bowyer was able to fix it!