Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Top 3 recurves and why? >

Top 3 recurves and why?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Top 3 recurves and why?

Old 02-21-2009, 04:18 AM

Default RE: Top 3 recurves and why?

That just proves my point again--you'll find any brand for sale "used"--therefore someone lost time and money--someone "went wrong" with that bow.
I'm not sure this applies just because you decide to sell a bow. I know with myself, I'm always wondering about a certain bow I've never shot. I'm wondering if it might be better than what I've got? Lot's of times, it means selling a good bow to finance the new one (or to hide it from the wife - she doesn't know one from another). I know lots of guys who regret selling particular bows.

Time and money is something certain people have lots of. They're not really losing anything in their mind by trying a new bow. Myself, I've bought and sold many without any loss. It can be fun buying and selling bows - certainly not always a chore. Heck, just last week I sold a Horne recurve that I really liked. It is just a little too hard to draw with my messed up rotator cuff, so I'm going to replace it with something 5 lbs less draw weight. I got what I paid for it, and now I'm looking forward to the new bow that will replace it. I don't consider that I lost anything of value and I know the new owner is getting a fine bow.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Spike

the bow i have is a Bear supermag 48 recurveits a great powerful bow it doesn't take up much room and it is just a great bow.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:09 PM

I would have to rank the three best traditional bows for me as: 1) Black Widow, 2) Zipper, and 3) Shrew.