Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

homemade bow

Old 11-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: homemade bow

ORIGINAL: okcaveman

thats why i want to do it. iv always been interested in primitive hunting methods, and i absolutly love shooting traditional bows. i was taught by a guy how to do it when i was maybe 10. great guy. great teacher. but that was long ago. now im almost finished with college but will have some extra time on my hands next year. be a way to possibly make some extra money, and also to further my trad education, , as well as have the satisfaction of building a work of art with my own hands
Don't bank on making much money at it. Its alot of work for the money you can get for them.The other problem is you have to have people who will trust your work.Being a new Bowyer other than family and friends you won't have a name.

If you can pull it off more power to you. I suggest not worrying about making money at it and just make yourself some first. Get good enough over several years and relook at making them for money.