Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Quiver Ideas

Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Default Quiver Ideas

I am looking for a quiver for a recurve to goes on the bow (not a hip or back style).

What do you use? What do you recommend? I would like it to hold either 3 or 4 arrows.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quiver Ideas

I use Cat Quivers now but when I did use a bow quiver,I had the Selway and Great Northern.I liked the GN best out of the two
Old 06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm looking to get one myself, this is what I'm going to get. It'sthe originalkwikee kwiver.

http://www.redmondoutdoors.com/KwikeebrOriginal-4-Arrow-Kwikee-Kwiver-P636C418.aspx

Old 06-14-2008, 07:50 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If I were going to use a bow quiver, I'd go with a Mini Boa or Eagle's Flight.

I've tried several, and I don't like them. Makes my longbow feel off balance, and if don't have everything right they can add a lot of noise.

The best quiver I've found to date (I think my search has finally ended) is the Safari Tough Arrowmaster. I haven't hunted with it yet, but I have used it at some tournaments--rides good, very quiet, fletches are covered/protected, can be worn several different ways, will carry one arrow or a bunch, has a generous pocket--this one has it all IMO.

Chad
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

I like the Bear quiver if you have mounting inserts or will put them in.

I have and also like the Kwikee Kwiver.

Both easily come off the bow for treestand hunting. The Kwikee is not good for carbon arrows though, the gripperholes are too large to hold the arrows tight.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a Thunderhorn Boa and I like it better than any other bow quiver I've ever tried. Normally, I HATE bow mounted quivers because they make the bow feel so top heavy, but this one ain't bad.

By the way, I've still got an original Kwikee Kwiver that I got before they dreamed up the idea of a broadhead hood, about 45 years ago. It was a lot better than carrying my arrows in my hand, but it was pretty easy to poke yourself with a broadhead if you weren't kinda careful. There might still be a couple of scars on the back of my right leg. LOL
Old 06-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Eagles Flight Archery quiver! Works great on my Longbow, I can take it off in an instant and the arrows stay put! If your a member of Tradgang.com Don will give you a great deal on quivers and shipping! Go to the tradgang.com sponsors forum and look up EFA and see the deals he offers! I paid $50 shipped to my door!

Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Great Northern and Selway have long been popular quivers, too.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just stuck an eagle's flight on mine. I like it so far regarding the feel. But if I don't check the arrows after every shot or 2, one will fall out. Not liking that part of it.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 AM

3 Rivers Archery has some gorgeous leather back quivers that I like. I don't care for bow quivers much. Their 'Rover' model is BEAUTIFUL at $109! It's not cheap but will last a lifetime and looks great too!

Quick Reply: Quiver Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.