Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bear Montana Long Bow

Old 01-29-2003, 12:17 AM

Default Bear Montana Long Bow

Any one have any experience with this particular bow? If so what is your opinion of the bow? I looked some of the Bear traditional bows over at the ATA trade show and really liked the looks of them. I have been shooting a recurve for about one year and wanted to try out a long bow.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear Montana Long Bow

I shot one a few times. They are ok. They draw smooth but seemed to have a little more handshock than normal. Also seemed a little loud for a longbow. They are many great longbows out there for the same or better prices. But if you like a basic stick and string it'll do fine.

"Hey ya'll, watch this"
Old 01-29-2003, 03:01 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I don't like them. I haven't shot one, holding it was enough for me. The grip was very uncomfortable to me, and saw a fellow get a big blister on his hand after shooting one at a tournament. It could be modified, but I think you can do better.

Chad

Long Bows Rule!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The grip was the only thing I didn't care for on the Montana I shot. It felt very squared off and 'boxy.' I finally came to the realization that I could put that squared off edge right in the crease of my hand and it made for a very repeatable, consistent grip. It did shoot good that way but it felt odd. Maybe I could have gotten used to it, but I passed on the bow. Just not my cup of tea.