Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Went to Kalamazoo!

Old 01-26-2003, 03:13 PM

Default Went to Kalamazoo!

I went to Kalamazoo, Michigan Friday. They had the Traditional Expo. Now I have another bow on order. I ordered a Palmer. 60", 51# @ 28" with couble carbon limbs. It has to be the fastest/smoothest shooting bow that I have ever shot. Only 10 weeks wait for this one. It must have been a weak moment. I just hope I can the wife from finding out. No "e" mails to my wife, please!
Dick

Old 01-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: Went to Kalamazoo!

Congrats on the bow. Make sure to post some pics when you get it.

What was your impression of the show? Was it a good one? I had planned on going, but a schedule change screwed that up for me. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend.

Old 01-26-2003, 03:30 PM

Kip, I was a little disappointed this year. I only had Friday evening to go though. I had to run a 3-D shoot at our club this weekend. Dick

Old 01-26-2003, 08:10 PM

Palmers are sweet bows........congradulations on your new buddy
Old 01-27-2003, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I missed seeing you there Dick. I thought the show was great myself. I worked the kids shooting booth on Saturday and Sunday. John Lee gave an excellent talk on Howard Hill which I attended on both days also but the highlight of the weekend is when I purchased a print I have been drooling over for the past five years from Ron Leclair that he had hanging in his archery shop since 1980. I now own a famous Bill Barringer print "The Legend" signed by him and numbered 184 of 500. You may have seen pictures of this print of Howard Hill on one knee wearing buckskins and shooting his longbow. That is what I call real art! We had a good get together at the Best Western Saturday night and I have to say this is one of the best weekends I have had at the expo.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:05 PM

Chessbum, Sorry I missed you. I could only attend Friday Night. Not enough time. I had to run a 3-D shoot at our club Sat. and Sun.
Dick