Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Anyone see TA Scott's bear >

Anyone see TA Scott's bear

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anyone see TA Scott's bear

Old 08-11-2007, 09:01 AM
bigcountry

Default Anyone see TA Scott's bear

Traditional Archery has an artical of a guy from Kodiak going bear hunting with a recurve and 450gr arrow??? This guy is supposed to be a guide. First shot at 12 yards barely got 1" in the lung.

I was just shocked, he used that light an arrow. I would have used 750gr arrow with his 65# bow. I bet that arrow at 12 yards would have sunk all the way up to the nock.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Default RE: Anyone see TA Scott's bear

Yes, I read it. As you were, I was suprised as well. It said he was a guide, so you think he would know better. It took three shots to finally take the bear down. It said that he had brought the wrong arrows with him, but thenhad his family get some new bear hunting arrows and ship them to him. After he recieved his arrows, he was already a couple days into his paid hunt. He then decided that he didn't want to take the time to become accurate with his new arrows, so he took the 450 grain ones hunting. I'm suprised that bear didn't kill him, it said that he did charge at Scott but he took him down with the last arrow. Whetherthat is true or not I don'tknow.