Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Looking for a bow

Old 07-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default Looking for a bow

Iam looking for a nice bow, not cheap but not real expensive either, to hunt whitetails with. I have been shooting a 40# Browning Wasp and think that I am ready to step up a little. I want a recurve that is anywhere from 50-60# @ 28". I don't mind if it is used, just as long as it is straight and shoots good. I am not a real gooroo when it comes to trad eqipment, I just know enough to get me in trouble.

If you guys have any info or bows to sell please let me know. I would like to get it as soon as possible soI can get accustomed to the new bow before season. Thanks!!

Trent
Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking for a bow

You can't go wrong with a Chek-Mate Hunter I or II, or anyone of the bear bows you see one-bay. Give Chad a ring @ recurves.com
Old 07-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

...I just know enough to get me in trouble.
Don't we all! [8D]

I second the recurves.com suggestion. It's getting kinda late in the season to order a ChekMate, but you can't beat 'em.

Ebay is also a great place to pick up a second hand bow for a fair price. There are plenty of Pearson, Shakespeare and Martin/Damon-Howatt bows you can get for not a lot. Bears run a bit more to bunches more, depending on model.

So, I'd suggest getting an Ebay bow while waiting for your custom ChekMate.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:10 PM

For the money you cant beat a bob lee recurve.They have in stock bows.If you want to spend a littleless cruise the classifieds here and at tradgang,Archery talkand women outdoors.You can pick up good deals on just about any of the top bows.Another bow I would recomend for the money is a rivers edge recurve.They usually have stock bows and you can get a plain jane model fairly priced.

CB
Old 07-19-2007, 06:17 PM

Another vote for Chek-mate. ButI recentlyinquired with LBR and it is an 8mth wait for a bow if you want a chek-mate check out archerybymail great priced and they will more than likely have the lbs you are looking forin one of the chek-mate models. here is the link:
http://www.archerybymail.com/

Also check ebay I was watching this bear kodiak green magnum recurve #50 it is ending in 6hrs and its only at $53, opps I let the cat out of the bag, good thing I was just watching it. Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/BEAR-KODIAK-GREEN-MAGNUM-HUNTING-BOW-50-LBS_W0QQitemZ140138062347QQihZ004QQcategoryZ20839Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

To be honest the reason it is taking Chk-Mate longer than usual is they had gotten a batch of to green of wood so that slowed things down a bit, I have been waiting 10 months the11th is next month. The great thing is Chad talks to you, and he talked to me, so waiting on a quality product will be worth it.