Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Cat quiver?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cat quiver?

What do u all think about this quiver. I would like to get one for my recurve and use it for my compound? How hard is it to get arrows out of it?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cat quiver?

I've been using a CQ III for years and I'll never use another quiver for hunting.It's very easy and quick to get an arrow out--a little trickier to put it back in unless you take it off.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:06 PM

I have used a CAT II with my compound for a few years now, and I'm sort of mixed. I have been hunting out west for as long as I have owned my CAT II, so that means a lot of sitting and glassing; plus a lot of kneeling, crawling, and climbing. With the older Gen. of CAT quivers it can be tricky since the quiver protrudes so far past your lower back. Sitting is impossible while wearing the pack, and kneeling can be tough too. The newer Gen. with the quiver on one side and the arrows starting at hip level and going up is a much better design. It is nice to have everything in one package though. As of last season I just started using a Bohning 3 arrow quiver with a single lever to lock and unlock the quiver on my Bow Tech, and on my recurve a three arrow strap on quiver. That way I can carry a small hydration compatible day pack, as opposed to just shoving a hydration bladder into my CAT quiver, and still carry a few necessities.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have a CQVII. but to be honest I haven't used it yet. It does fullfill my requirement of backpack and quiver. I did most of my hunting out West but now will be hunting in the East, so will have to eval,maybe a bow quiver is in order.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Your body size/build will make a difference. I'm bigger than average, and they don't fit me at all (the ones that ride center of your back). Very uncomfortable and aggravating, and like NM Fowler stated sitting (even on a log or stump) can be next to impossible with it on, especially if you have long arrows.

I'm sure I am the exception here--I bought one after seeing so many posts from folks that love them--it ain't for me though. I should have known better--I bought mine from a friend who, although isn't quite as broad is a little taller than me, and it didn't work for him either.

Chad
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use a cat quiver when I'm hunting from stands. You can get an arrow out pretty quick, but not quite as fast as other types. I really like the protection and waterproofness you get for your fletchings though.

I would agree with LBR about the size though. I am 6'2" and 225 pounds and I think I am at about the limit for comfort with it. If I have heavy clothing on it does get a bit cumbersome.