Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Crusader nock/brace height ????? >

Crusader nock/brace height ?????

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Crusader nock/brace height ?????

Old 12-11-2002, 05:55 PM

Default Crusader nock/brace height ?????

Been shooting my 2 Crusaders (both 64" and 61# @ 30&quot trying to find the sweet spot in the setup. I'm shooting 32" 2117's, 5 " feathers, with a calf hair tab. I started out with a 7" brace height and the nock at 3/4" from the rest, with my bow square. The bows seem to shoot smoother and more accurately at about 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 brace. Does this sound about right to you Crusader shooters. I don't have a ton of experience with traditional but the arrows seem to be flying good at 10 yards. I haven't touched the nock yet. This is my current limit. My basement is only got room for a 10 yard setup and it's wayyyyyy to cold outside here in CT to shoot! What should be my next step, paper tune???
Old 12-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: Crusader nock/brace height ?????

I have my BH at 7 1/2 and my nock set at 5/8 above center. This shoots good for me and is also where my bow is quietest. If you can, try and bareshaft a few and see what you get.

Strutter

Old 12-11-2002, 07:27 PM

Thanks, I'll try it.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:23 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I shoot mine at 7-7 1/4", nock point about 1/4" high (nock under). A little tinkering is pretty much the only way to find the sweet spot--every bow and every archer is going to be a little different.

I really don't know about bare-shafting or paper tuning. I have heard folks that claim that one or the other is the best way, and I have heard some say that one or the other is no good. I figure that if you can get either one--an arrow that flies true with no fletches, or a "bullet hole" in paper, that something must be right! (I could be wrong though........)

Chad

Long Bows Rule!
Old 12-12-2002, 06:26 AM

Hope not ot sound stupid, but nock under means, arrow on top of nock. I currently shoot arrow under nock. Any difference?
Old 12-12-2002, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure, but I think nock under would mean arrow nock under nock set or point. That's how I'd understand it to mean anyways.

My Crusader is set at 6 7/8" brace height and my nock point is 3/8" above rest. It must be how I release, because the nock point of every bow that I own and shoot is the same 3/8" above rest. Anybody else have this happen with them?

Make em sharp and shoot em straight, or leave em home.