Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ? >

Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Old 02-15-2007, 10:58 AM

Default RE: Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

I'll jump in and add something ........ I can shoot pretty good. Hell, I should as I've shot thousands of arrows in the past few years.

I can outshoot a lot of trad guys - I can outshoot my buddy who killed 2 deer this year and 2 deer last year with his Morrison 49# Shawnee. But he went 4-4 on hits/kills, and I went 0-3 on hits/kills with my 52# Adcock.

I'm a better shot on the range, but I can't seem to kill deer. He kills deer.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

ArthurP, you can go to my second posting on this and apologize later...LOL
Old 02-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

What apology? I'm responding to exactly what you said in that particular post. I've got a zero tolerance policy to anyone who says those kinds of things, in whatever context. I've had to fight too many compounders for saying trads shouldn't be allowed in the woods to have to put up with it from someone who's supposed to be one of our own.[>:]

Old 02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

I have very little tolerance for personal attacks.

Knock it off or take a break from the form. [:@]
Old 02-16-2007, 06:38 AM

LB2,
HUH ?? Anger problems ?? what the heck are you talking about ? Iam talking about Traditional archery aren't you ?
Tj
Old 02-16-2007, 02:37 PM

hhaah...hey Tj. how have you been?....beating up and prisoners lately........i havn't seen a picture of you in a while, i bet your getting skinny!!.......
Old 02-16-2007, 03:14 PM

JB6,
lol,, SKINNY ?? lol ! not me buddy ! Iam about 290# right now I juststarted lifting for the hunting season in 2007and I just got a 95# set of limbs from WINDAUERS so Iam gettin ready to SMOKE something bad ! Them Silvertips are just that great of a bow !!! How have you been ??
Tj
Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 AM

well i've been great, i have a new little girl...all is great. well my powerlifting days are done. I have to have a pacemaker put in next month and they said no more power liftin!!1..i jsut started to get there, broke 230lb the other week. oh well.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just for the record, folks... Should have explained this better before but when the neck goes red the brain doesn't function properly...

The comment in question:

I have went to the ETAR since it beginning and I feel the 90% of those I watch shoot there shouldn't be allowed in the woods with sharp sticks. See how well that will be received.
You know that an anti-hunter is gonna be licking his chops over a comment like that, and he's certainly NOT going to go back several days in the discussion to ferret out the context in which such comment was made. It may already have been copied, cut and pasted on an anti-hunting website with the comment "Here's what traditional bowhunters say about themselves."

Not to mention that comment is very close to the line, if not 2-3 yards on the OTHER side of the line, of breaking forum rules. Refer to forum rule #4. I have highlighted the key phrase...

4. No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the hunting, archery or the firearm industry will be removed and your account will be banned.
Odd that, in all the years I've been participating on this site, I've never once seen this rule enforced when derogatory comments are aimed at traditional bowhunting on the bowhunting forum. Hmmm... [:-]

Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hey Art--I never go there, but if you see something getting out of line there, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know.

Chad

Quick Reply: Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.