Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ? >

Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Old 02-10-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Men,
How many of you feel the 3 are directly related ? As a Traditional bowhunter since 1975 I feel the choice of equipment isethically and MORALLY adesicion just as important as how far to shoot at game,wether to jacklight,poach,not tag ect ! Hunting with a 40# recurve and a 250 grain arrow with a mech.head attached is morally and etically "WRONG" !JMHO
Tj
Old 02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

I don't agree with using a mech. head or that lite an arrow but a 40# recurve shooting a 9-10 gr/lb arrow put in the right place will kill just about anything on this continent
Old 02-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Jim,
And would you say that that set up I described be "UNETHICAL"??? I sure would ! and Its a equipment choice!
Tj
Old 02-10-2007, 03:49 PM

Jim,
My point is thatEQUIPMENT is an ETHICAL choice and thewrong choice could make you ethically and morally a negative light for all bowhunters.
Tj
Old 02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
bigcountry

How come I feel like this is the same poster as another guy on here?

Old 02-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tj Craig

Jim,
And would you say that that set up I described be "UNETHICAL"??? I sure would ! and Its a equipment choice!
Tj
Then don't use that kind of equipment.I think most traditional hunters know what works for them.If you know people that use that kind of set-up,don't hunt hunt with them
Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting with a 40# recurve and a 250 grain arrow with a mech.head attached is morally and etically "WRONG" !JMHO
Has this example EVER been advocated by anyone anywhere?
If so, where specifically and by whom?

Steve
Old 02-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

Good to see you TJ. I see you haven't changed much. LOL!
Old 02-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

well, without getting drawn up into the ethics argument I think is ready to ensue..

the lower your bow weight, the more you have to depend on momentum for clean kills...

I shoot a 52lb bow and use a 700+ grain arrow...

why? just because I want to make sure I poke two holes in a deer or black bear... makes recovery easier.

would I demand someone else use this set-up? No. Why? Because it's what I choose to use, and it's not going to work for everyone.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:37 AM

Razorhead,
exactly ! you obviously understand that a lighter weight bow needs a heavier arrow to utilize every possible ounce of energy to be the most efficiant tool for killing at least deer sized animals. And that has been my point all along, I have surfed quite a few sites and it bothers me about the use of light weight carbon arrows and mech.broadheads, 45# bows 270 grain arrows ? the so called 6 grains per pound B.S ,Wow , its happening at an alarming rate and I advocate every new bowhunter go through an extensive bowhunter ed course that entails some science about Momentum,KE,BOW EFFICIENCY,And how it relates to the bowhunter.
Tj

Quick Reply: Bow Weight,Arrow weight, and ETHICS ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.