Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Some one asked about Herters bows,  Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters >

Some one asked about Herters bows, Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Some one asked about Herters bows, Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters

Old 11-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Some one asked about Herters bows, Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters

I have found a new love. Its sonic broad heads. I took the 4th hog since Sept. and have used my old herters recurve, which stacks out at around 66lbs at my draw. I have had all four complete pass throughs. All four boars have been between 150 to 300 lbs. If you have ever shot wild boars with arrows, you know that it is very difficult to get a pass through on a hog. Them suckers have some thick skin and packed with muscles.These broadheads have sliced right through. Here is a pic of the recent.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Some one asked about Herters bows, Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters

Nice looking hog. Congrats.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some one asked about Herters bows, Actually a post about sonics, but used a herters

definitely a feat to get pass throughs with a recurve. I too have switched to the sonics and loved the way they shoot. I still haven't shot anything with them from the recurve,but they did some damage out of the compound recentlly.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:56 AM

I shot that buck a couple weeks ago with Sonic heads.... I got about 25 inches of penetration.. Went in behind the last rib and quartered forward to the front of the offside shoulder and had just poked through the skin.....