Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!! >

The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 10:16 PM

Default The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

I finally got my first kill with my recurve and it was a good one!!
I headed out this morning at 4:30 to my bow only lease .. The morning hunt was slow with only a few deer sightings.... This afternoon I decided to move in on a family group of does that I saw last time I hunted the place... I hung my lock on and got settled in by 1:30. I was grumpy all afternoon b/c the wind was iffy and not the best for my setup... Around 4:00pm I heard something running behind me. I turned around just in time to see a doe barreling straight for me.... She goes straight under my tree and stops at 20yds.... I try to find a clear shot, but it is not there.... I suddenly hear foot steps coming behind her and look to see antlers heading my way!! I knew he was a shooter immediately and starting getting in position... He came straight under my platform and at fast trott with his head to ground and grunting.... I bleeted with my mouth and he stopped at 8yds...... He was quartering sharply away... I picked a spot behind the last rib and drew and released... The arrow buried up to fletch and angled towards the brisket..... He then went on the death run and made it 200 yds before giving it up!! To say I was excited is an understatment!!!
Just pure dumb luck, but I'll take it!!
Here are a few pics I snapped when I got home. I plan to take some better one's tomorrow morning.

" />

" />

" />
Old 11-17-2006, 10:49 PM

Default RE: The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

Congrats beautiful deer, he could be a hard one to top and even harder to forget.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome!!!! And congratulations!

BTW: I wouldn't call it dumb luck. You worked for it!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

WOW!! and CONGRATS. I can only hope to bag one like that someday.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:51 AM

Very nice deer ! You are right to be happy and proud
Old 11-18-2006, 12:16 PM

thats great man ! tell us what bow, poundage, arrows, broadheads etc

they say that winning (in football) cures everything, so does shooting and killing, one arrow, one kill huh Double Creek ?
Old 11-18-2006, 02:26 PM

I used a warf bow that is 55@28, 500 grain carbon express with 3 blade sonic heads...

This deer shocked me today when I put the tape to him. He scored 136 and some change!! By far my best bow buck.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:45 AM

What a whopper ! Congrats.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:14 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Real nice deer, for the first or 100th, gun, compound, or recurve! Funny how I hear from time to time "there are no big bucks in Mississippi". I don't see them (at least not when I'm hunting), but I know they are here--seen too many dead ones. I reckon the reason I don't see them is they don't get that big, around here especially, by being dumb!

I'm really suprised he was chasing a doe this early though--the rut usually hits here in early January. I've seen some scrapes already too this year--are we having an early rut??

Chad
Old 11-20-2006, 07:48 AM

ORIGINAL: LBR

I'm really suprised he was chasing a doe this early though--the rut usually hits here in early January. I've seen some scrapes already too this year--are we having an early rut??

Chad

I don't know Chad, but I saw a 14" 8pt earlier that same day chasing a doe as well... Seems a few weeks early, even for the North Delta.....

Quick Reply: The good Lord blessed me today...BIG BUCK DOWN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.