Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

E-BAY ALERT

Old 11-09-2006, 12:55 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default E-BAY ALERT

Item number: 150056692161

I don't think anyone will be duped by this, but just in case........

I e-mailed the seller to inform them they were way off base on the description, especially the part about the bow retailing at over $1,000. The reply I got was they got that "information" from the bows "creator" themselves, while visiting the shop. Just to be 100% sure, I made a phone call, told them what was going on, and when they got done laughing they informed me of the following:

That bow is at least 8-10 years old, going by the serial number and the way the riser is built, and it hasn't been called "J.O.P." in at least 7 years (it's a Falcon).

They have never built even ONE bow anywhere in that price range.

This bow is not "one of a kind". There's been over 2,000 of them made, although the way the riser is glued up has changed, and the wood combos vary.

I don't know if the seller got told a big one and was ripped off, or is just trying to rip someone off, but I wanted to let folks know either way.

Chad
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: E-BAY ALERT

Wow, I guess his little scam got broken up. Thanks for the headsup!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

hes got good feedback....maybe he just doesnt know much about bows(he bought that one and didn't know if he could handle 60lbs???...) i think he just doesnt know anything about it....it is hard to find info on chek-mate.

on the other hand he could be trying to make a few bucks....nothing wrong with that...hes asking 550$ maybe its worth that to someone.
i'd give him 250-300 maxif it was exellent shape...and if i wanted it bad enough.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

UPDATE:
I got a reply, and this guys seems to be sincere--evidently he misunderstood something along the way. He doesn't have a lot of feedback, but it's 100% positive.

Alpha, all you have to do is type in "Chek-Mate Archery" on a search engine, and I told him to call CM to verify what I told him (he's not far from there). I think he figured out I was being straight with him. I'd hate for someone that is honest to ruin their feedback rating.

Chad