Community
Official IBO.Net Forum - 3-D Shooting 3-D target shooting, tips, techniques and politics.

red alert

Old 08-17-2003, 02:06 PM

Default red alert

red alert, the sun came out. call the shoot.
sorry ibo you got my last donation to any of your events and this will be my last year of membership.
this years worlds championship was a rip off, 2 days vac for me, 2 unpaid days for my wife, accommadations, travel. all for 20 arrows. it wont happen again.
i dont beleive snowshoe was the problem, came back and the skilifts were running,
all snowshoe activities were going on.
ibo has no reasonable inclemate weather plan, they call the shoot allthough some people had made it through most of the course on saturday.
as far as i' m concerned this is another ibo problem and is the last one i will put up with. i will shoot asa' s after this.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:35 PM
60X

Default RE: red alert

I agree. This is two years in a row that the biggest shoot of the year has been a joke for weather that may be on the way. Last year it only effected the archers in the shootoff but this year it was everyone. There is going to be a large drop in attendance next year. Whether you came for the fun of the game or for the competition and hoping to win a title we all got ripped off this weekend. I can' t imagine coming from Australlia just to shoot 20 targets.....get called off the range only to see everything else still in operation. What a joke if you ask me. Something needs to be done one way or another.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:29 PM
eb

I don' t see why we can' t shoot whenever we want,like any of the triple crown events.These tee times suck!
Snowshoe mountain is 12,000 acres,so why would they put all the ranges on the top?There' s plenty of room to put some up top and some at the bottom.At least you' d have something to do in bad weather.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:42 PM

lets face it, the ibo got there money, so ken got his money.
snowshoe got there money and wanted more. take everyone off the courses and send them back to the lodges, shops and restraunts. ken should be the one who is ultimately responsible. he should have to answer to the members of the ibo, who spent millions of dollars this weekend, and explain the logic of only getting to
shoot half of a shoot. we got ripped off and are owed a apology at the very least. but i think the ibo board needs to adress this situation, and a change of leadership is needed.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:47 PM

I believe if there truly was a red alert then Ken made the right decision. What I find funny is that it was put off until after 11:00. After 11:00 check out time you could no longer get a refund on that nights fee if you wanted to leave. One more observation is that the auction went on while there could be lightning seen in the sky. Where was the red alert then. I guess they still didn' t have that money in their pocket yet. The shoot needs to be moved some where else. The terrain is way to treacherous to be shooting on safely. How many people have broke bones down there over the last few yerars? Tee times should have been moved to Sunday so every one could have got in their 40 targets they paid to shoot. Scores for those that qualified also should have been posted. Makes you wonder if something fuuny wasn' t going on. One last remark before I go how did everyone find the targets to be. On my first target that had been shoot only a few times we had arrows go through to the vanes. I also noticed that many of the targets that were used were not holding up very well. Many of them you could see had arrows shoot clean through. This was my last trip to Snowshoe and probably my last trip to an IBO EVENT. I find that there are too many unwritten rules. Also that you thoughts really don' t count.[:@][:' (][:' (][X(]
Old 08-17-2003, 07:57 PM

smoozer,
that lightning doesnt matter when you are spending money.
mckenzie' s new foam stinks,
have to agree we need to go to the asa, and get the att' n of some of these companies. they are not the only game in town, we are they shooters, without us what do they have.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

We checked out at 1:30 Saturday along with MANY people. Non paid for staying saturday after the check out time or not.

--Bob
Old 08-18-2003, 07:23 AM

Guys,
The red alert on the mountian was not Kens fault. Where things went bad was when the red alert was lifted and the lifts started we should have resumed the tournament. All other activites resumed.
I shot 15 targets that morning and I know of a few people who actually finished on the Hunter course. You could not see the first 4 targets on the course.

Here are the facts:

1. It is foggy almost every morning at Snowshoe
2. The courses, while being challenging are dangerous to walk with a $1500 bow, $1000 pair of binos and arrows. When you need a rope to get down to your target ther is something wrong.
3. Tee times do not work for such a large group of people.
4. When some shooters shoot in fog and others shoot in crystal clear weather you are not giving everyone an equal chance. I know you cant control the weather but you could change the format so that everyone is shooting at the same time. Shotgun starts.....

I think for a family that Snowshoe is a great place to visit. But for a shoot it is a poor location. I spent alot of time in that area as a kid and weather is always a problem. The site needs to be moved.