Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Lots of input needed

Old 11-14-2002, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Lots of input needed

A friend handed me a gift over the weekend and wants to produce them for sale. No, I'm not looking for orders, but am looking for your input as to whether you'd buy one for yourself or as a gift for someone else. Right now he is only making a few in necklace form, but I can see so many other applications that I'm thinking it's a good idea. Heck, it's probably been done before I'm sure. So what say, let me know whay you think of it. Basically, it's an old Bear Razorhead that he's goldplated after nocking down the edge to make it safe to wear. He's thinking of asking somewhere in the $30.00 range.

Make em sharp and shoot em straight, or leave em home.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lots of input needed

Knapped stone point necklaces are very popular.

Your life is made of time, not money.
Old 11-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks great to me!
Old 11-14-2002, 01:07 PM

hat pins would be a big seller, tie tacks, wallet inlays, inlays to put on bow risers to fill the holes where someone drilled it for a quiver etc... I could go on forever. I think the hat pins would prob be the most widely used if you could find a good way to secure it to a felt hat of cowboy hat, or possibly a ball cap kinda in the fashion that the Bassmasters gold fishooks are clipped on. he could prob make a wax mold in a smaller version and sell just as many without losing the razorhead. I would prob pay $30.00 for a (smaller) gold razorhead lookalike that I could use to tack on my hatband.

Old 11-14-2002, 04:52 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I think a good testing ground might be the Huntingnet.com classifieds or e-bay. I think it's a pretty cool idea. I've been tossing a kinda similar idea around in my head for a few years, but I have to find a jeweler that can/will do the work for me, and at a price that is reasonable.

Chad

Long Bows Rule!
Old 11-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Keep them coming.

LBR, I agree with you on getting them out there and seen. I'll be relaying that to him.

When he handed it to me, I pictured one embedded into a sterling belt buckle. Something with a southwestern look, which I'm into and would wear. Heck, I wear the necklace. It has a leather thong that adjusts so the necklace can be worn at varying lengths.

He'll be using a variety of broadheads, he just happened to start with the old razorheads. He mentioned that he'd also use the individual hunters broadhead if they wanted.

Make em sharp and shoot em straight, or leave em home.
Old 11-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd buy one. I have lots of good memories from those razorheads. What other heads could you use?

"Hey ya'll, watch this"