Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 So what is everyone doing lately? >

So what is everyone doing lately?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

So what is everyone doing lately?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default So what is everyone doing lately?

Has it been exceptionally quiet around here lately? Or is it just me? I'm getting ready for the season, we got all of the stands hung last weekend. Fifteen of them. My hunting partner is on the big side, so I always get the honors of going up the tree and hanging them. Don't mind though, and I'm always strapped in from the time my feet leave the ground. Season starts on Oct 14.

I took the boys (my son and his friend) to the club last night and we were the only one's there. Had a blast and they were shootingexceptionally good.They both hit a grizzly and a deer at 30 yards out. I got a real nice picture of them next to a mountain goat, I'll see if I can get it loaded tomorrow. Unfortunately, I promised my wife I would watch the boys and not shoot.

My son's friendhas ben shooting with us for a while now and his Grandfather finally went and bought him a small recurve and some carbon arrows. The carbon arrow were unsafely stiff for the bow and John actually hates shooting it (the pull is too lite for him). I feel bad for the Grandfather since he went and did something so nice for him. He asked if he could use one of my son's self bows which was fine.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and see if everyone was still alive!

Here is a pic of all of us with bows in hand from over the summer (where did it go?):

Old 09-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Spike

Default RE: So what is everyone doing lately?

Everything is all right here in Kentucky, just put the boat up from the storms last Saturday.
Plan on making my first long bow using very simple plans. I have a itching feeling I'll be buying my first recurve with some supplies here pretty soon also. I want to try hunting deer with a bow, if I don't succeed I'll try and try again I'm not easily frustrated. Use to be but I outgrew that.
Nice shot of the family my 2 boys want to hunt and the youngest is very interested in bows. He is 6 and I'mwant to start him on it as soon as possible. They have archery clubs that meet after school atmost ofthe schools here in Meade County I think that's awesome. Get the youngin's away from the tube and gaming systems to experience nature and thier own natural ability to accomplish things very few people do.
Have a nice fall and good luck on the deer, bag some good ones.

From a future bow hunter.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 AM

Just real busy around here lately. Season opens Saturday and I've been preparing for that and trying to get my work caught up.

Hopefully it will get active around here again after that.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Bowhunt finishes up here on Saturday.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Just real busy around here lately. Season opens Saturday and I've been preparing for that and trying to get my work caught up.

Hopefully it will get active around here again after that.
Well Sunday for us, but the same scenario. Gotta get these construction projects "ahead" yeah.... right, I know.

I've been shooting the recurve every day still and loving it! Inside of 20 yards I'm very confident, the practice and you all's advice is paying off.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Great pic, Bob! Did some scouting about last Sunday. Found some early scrapes and a very good rub line. Season opens next Saturday, so this weekend, been flight testing my broadheads, making final adjustments. Ready to go! 5 Days to go!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:22 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Season has been open over a week and I haven't even been in the woods. Trying to get other folks ready to go, plus working on a shop, just no time to play. Supposed to be in the 30's this weekend--methinks I am going to have to take at least a little time for myself!

Chad
Old 10-23-2006, 12:39 PM

Hey There, I'm new to this forum but everyone seems like good people. This is what I've been up to and please don't think I'm here to sell bows: I sell enough and I'm here just to hang out.

I build a lot of styles of selfbows and sinew backed horsebows but since I've been approached to build English Warbows for a movie I've been heavily into them. Cause I don't share the views of what they looked like with the Brits simply cause their ideas regarding the non yew Warbows have serious engineering problems whenever I join English Warbow or Longbow forums I get kicked out. After all I'm just an American that looks at the engineering of heavy weight bows rather than listening to "experts" who never built a bow. Anyhoo, I've been able to build unbacked and unlaminated bows which I feel would have been viable designs for English Warbows in white woods heavier than 140 pounds.

Welp, that's it. Normally I would be getting nasty emails from the other side of the Atlantic by now. It's good to be home.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:59 PM

Hopefully I'll be going up to Georgia this weekend and will put a stick into another fat deer.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Got out for about 1 1/2 hours Sat. Saw several squirrells, no shots (season is open on them too). Trying to get caught up enough so I don't feel guilty going again sometime this week. Arrgghhh!!!

Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.