Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Question about an Old Recurve. >

Question about an Old Recurve.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Question about an Old Recurve.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Default Question about an Old Recurve.

OK if anyone could tell me the value of this bow or where to find a collector who could tell me the value,I would really Appritiate it.

Ok my dad has this old Browning Cobra 1 recurve he got it in or around 1971,He wanted to sell it the other day and a person at a pro shop told him she would give him $150,but that she might be ripping him of at that price and that the bow could be worth alot more,

I tried Browning but the have no value listing on a bow that old.

Could someone please give me an idea of where to go to find out the value of this bow? please.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about an Old Recurve.

I would suggest you look on ebay for completed auctions to see what other similar bows have sold for. Ebay usually gives you a chance to get a decent $ for recurves, as long as they are in good shape. Bears really are valued high, but Browning seems to be up there too. Unless it is some special edition bow that a Browning collector would pay big bucks for, I think the ebay route will give you a pretty good idea. If a pro shop offered you $150 for it, that would be an indication that the bow does have some value.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

As far as eBay is concerned there's one listed as having sold for $81 and two more listed: one for $100 and the other listed for $30. So $150 may be a good price. But I would check the details to make sure there's not something special about your dad's bow.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unless an old recurve says 'Bear' on it, there's not much, or any, collector value. Maybe the Pearson Golden Soveriegns or Mercury's get a collector bump in the price tag, but nothing for Browning.

If I had an old Cobra in good condition, it'd takemore than $150 to get it away from me. But,I definitely wouldn't pay that much to get one. I'd say your dad needs to jump on the offer if he really wants to get rid of it.

Frankly, I'd sayyou need to take it away from him and start shooting it yourself.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:09 PM

Assuming the Cobra I is in decent condition, $150 is a fair price. The Cobra II is another matter--one of the best shooting recurves Browning ever produced and not quite as common as the Cobra I.