Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Finger releases

Old 07-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Finger releases

As noted in another post, Im fixing to get into recurve hunting due to a special hunt opportunity.

I see in catalogs there are three basic non-mechanical release options: tabs, 3-fingered glove, full glove.

What is your preference and why? Have you tried other styles or just the one you like? What would you recommend for a beginner?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Finger releases

Tabs seem to let me have cleaner releases, but doesn't seem as practical while hunting. So I use glove.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:13 PM

I much prefer a 3-finger glove. A tab gets in my way while hunting, whether Im drawing an arrow, climbing into a stand, or using a call, I just like a good tight glove.

My two cents...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a tab--much cleaner release for me
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Right now I'm liking my Bateman Cordovan Glove with inserts. It seems to protect my fingers and joints about the best.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 AM

Skookum glove
Old 07-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

I like to use my three finger glove.I shoot accurate with it.After it is broke in there becomes a bowstring groove,so after I come to full draw I let the bowstring roll to the tips of my fingers and it is dead on every time.Also for hunting it is more usable.
Elkshed
Old 07-26-2006, 07:50 PM

Yup, the 3 finger glove, nice and tight
Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot better with a tab and usually hunt with one. I also take a barefinger shot everyonce in awhile.You wouldn't wantto more than once ortwice in a short period of time, but if I loose or forgetmy tab or glove (done that plenty of times!) I know I can shoot bare fingered with confidence.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:31 PM

I normally shoot a 3 finger glove type ....... but lately I've been wearing my raquetteball glove.

Why ?

Feel. With the much thinner material, I can feel the string much better, and theres enough protection to keep from getting really sore fingers.

I don't like tabs, and don't like the little half finger things. Everyone has their own personal favorites though. I would think bare fingers would be the best if you could handle it @!

Quick Reply: Finger releases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.