Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Is Black Widow Woth The Price ???? >

Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Is Black Widow Woth The Price ????

I'm kinda in LBR camp on this one. They are great bows but they are not better than many other top of the line bows. With that said, I have never seen one that was made crappy. They seem to always put out a good product.
IMO therir longbow is on par with my $200 Quillian bow. I don't like it one bit. Everyone I have shot I have not liked (shot 4).
I think to be of the mindset that BW is the only bow out there is.... But that's just one country boys opinion.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 AM

this kind of cascade ?

Old 04-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Personally, I had the rare op to shoot 4 widows and two blacktail and the new Brackenberry questand my Chec-matefalcon. at the same little shoot here in Oregon. What I found is I really like the Quest and blacktail. As far as the black widow I thought my Falcon shot better and was smoother. and I paid 225 for it new. I think if I get another recurve it'll be the black tail just because they look so dam nice.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:34 PM

What wood is that on the limbs?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:07 PM

Looks like red elm to me.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:18 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Could be stained flat-cut elm--dang pretty whatever it is. That's the kind of accents in a riser that get my attention! That is NICE! Can't see myself owning one of those either though.......I'm just not a recurve shooter, and even if I try to "baby" my bows, they still get banged up. For that reason alone, I can't see me ever putting near $1,000 into any bow I plan to use. How the heck some of you are able to shoot and hunt with a bow and keep it looking new is beyond me! 'Course I'm the type that, given a little time, can tear up an anvil with a cotton ball without really trying............

Chad
Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Something I want to share with the rest of you here.........

I just got off the phone with Mr. Ken Beck a little while ago. I had e-mailed him, and he called me. This all started with a dispute on a different forum, stemming from some opinions Ihad, and have voiced before on the boards. Denny Sturgis Jr. filled me in on "the rest of the story" on two of my biggest peeves with BW--it wasn't with the bows themselves, but what with what I had thought was misleading information in the old "Tips and Tuning" video and in some of the old catalogs. After hearing the facts, I learned that my peeves had been based on my own ignorance and misconceptions. I e-mailed Ken and the crew at BW to apologize, and Ken wanted to talk to me on the phone. He confirmed what Denny had told me, and we had a really nice conversation. Mr. Beck seems to be a real gentleman.

I can be a hard-headed cuss, but I hope I never get to the point where I can't accept being wrong when the facts are presented. I was very wrong in this case, and I apologize to those of you that I may have mislead.

Chad
Old 04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

'Course I'm the type that, given a little time, can tear up an anvil with a cotton ball without really trying............
LOL....
Old 04-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

'Course I'm the type that, given a little time, can tear up an anvil with a cotton ball without really trying............
LOL....
Old 04-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

What wood is that on the limbs?
She's Cocobolo w/ Myrtle wood stained and red elm limbs. I think its the perdiest bow I have ever seen!!