Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call. >

Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

This thred begins with my goose call being crap, it's an HS and franky sounds like a cat in the dryer on high heat.Also the geese were not being cooperitive today. But are the 150-200 dollar calls worth the money, hey I will buy it if it works, my calling can get better but the call never will. My buddy who calls very well in my opinion says it sounds like crap too so it's not just me, tuneing the thing,I have no clue how to start.

The Sean Mann callsare the best choice in my opinion cause if it don't work I know where to find him and let him prove me wrong. Let me know.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

http://www.billsaunderscalls.com

There is only one answer to that question.. YES!!!!!!!!!
I use Bill Saunders calls. They are awesome. Not to mention the countless calling championships won every year with his calls. The more you sound like a goose, the more geese you will kill! Check out his website. Listen to the sound clips. If someone tries to tell you they can mimic the sounds he makes with a "Cheap" call.. They are lying!

Old 09-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

Only if you want to show off to your buddies

I an using both a Haydel's Short-Reed Canada Goose and a Zink Molded Power Clucker calls this year for my primary calls
But I also carry a Foil call and a Big River flute for different sounds

But non of them cost me more than $50

IMO it is getting a call that fits your style
Go to a Cabels , Gander or ........... and try some calls
I went to a show a few weeks ago and had my calls tuned up for free

Don't be fooled , the guts of the call probely are the same from a $29.99 Short reed call to the $200 Short reed call from the same company
It is just they spend more time hand tuning a Big buck call compaired to letting someone in China put them togeather for the low end calls
You just have to tune a low end call , where a high end call was hand tuned

Also the different materals produce different sounds polycarbonate wood or Acrylic

But for me a A moderate priced call is good for me
IMO it is more the caller than the call

John
Old 09-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Spike

Foiles Migrators!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

I called Sean Mann outdoors today and talked with him, needless to say the call is a great call, but the fact if a stop by thier shop they will help me by showing me how to call and tune the call it definatly worth the money. Additionally they give free seminar's thefirst Sunday of every month at the localBass Pro and tune theircalls for free. I'm sold and so are two of their calls.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am sure you will be pleased wit your decision. Having quality gear with you in the field whether it be guns, waders or calls. Is only going to help you. Not to mention better gear last longer! Just don't cut yourself short on a lanyard. Make sure to buy one with enough loops to cinch around both ends of each call. It sure is misery when half your call falls in the drink!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:28 PM

FOILES IMO the zink moneymaker and the RNT daisy cutter are also very good calls
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Ok well Sean mann is an ass hole, I wouldn't buy one of his calls if the future of the world depended on it. I would go with the tim grounds or a foilesif you are gonna spend that money. Voshellscalls.com has great acrilic calls for half the price. Check them out but for the high dollars go with a Foiles
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

are you kidding? foiles cant even shoot hes cocky who holds up geese and yells we won!

i dont think the acrylic is nessesary
i own one sean mann call its an eastern shoreman it brings them in from along distance but the zink power maxims and clucker are easy short reeds

Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Seems like an OK guy, but I'm looking for a call not a friend so the guy could be a wife beater and as long as he make a good call that is all I care about. If I only did business with good people then the amish might be the only people getting my money.

Quick Reply: Sean Mann calls, is it woth the price, or any other 150-200 dollar call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.