Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

rest on recurve??

Old 12-14-2005, 04:25 PM

Default rest on recurve??

I have been contemplating putting a rest on my gamemaster.I want to put a whisker bisquit on this bow because i plan on using it to hunt only with and have already put a 3pin copper john sight on it.Barring personal opionions based on not being traditional,do you think this would work.I still plan on using a finger release??
Old 12-14-2005, 05:02 PM

Default RE: rest on recurve??

40 years ago that was standard.(Except the wisker bisket)Don't forget the peep sight or kisser button. Dick
Old 12-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure if the Whisker Biscuit will allow for the arrow paradox of finger shooting?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:03 PM

I agree with Arrowsmith, dosn't seem like it would work to me.I would say go with a standard two prong rest. Just my 2 cents, I have been wrong in the past.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:38 AM

I have seen guys using the biskit with fingersshooting a wheel bow.It seems like a wast of a good plunger hole.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: arrowsmit

I'm not sure if the Whisker Biscuit will allow for the arrow paradox of finger shooting?
I am aware of the two different types of archers paradox but cannot figure out why it would not work.It seems to me that if the bisquit has enough clearance for a vertical paradox for a release shooter,that it would still be capable of handling the horizontal paradox of a fingers shooter.Maybe i am wrong.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 PM

Most recurves are center shot. Shouldn't make a difference. If you arrow flexes enough to contact with the edge of the wisker bisquit, the spine is way too weak. A flipper rest might be a better choise though. Dick
Old 12-17-2005, 08:24 AM

While a Whisker Biscuit can be used by fingers shooters, you might find it limits your view of the sights on a stickbow depending on the type of sight used. I think a simple flipper rest would be a better choice.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is no possible way the wb hole gives enough clearance for the paradox for a fingers shot arrow.You obviously have no idea of how much flexing that arrow actually does. So.... here's a video for you to watch.

http://www.wernerbeiter.com/videos/Demo_3.mpg

Even though a few - very few -people are using a wb for fingers shooting, the blasted thingis NOT an optimal rest for shooting fingers. Forget the flippin' hole... I'm not even sure the outer ringallows enough clearance for a finger shooter's paradox. Do yourself a favor and use a flipper.

You want arrow containment?

Kwik-Loc arrow holder. $7.95 at Three Rivers. That doodad has worked like a champ at keeping arrows onrestsfor 40 years. As soon as you start to draw, the clip releases the arrow and you're ready to go. If that's too expensive for you, there is another version of the same idea at Three Rivers for 3.95, called the Aro Lock or something like that.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

There is no possible way the wb hole gives enough clearance for the paradox for a fingers shot arrow.You obviously have no idea of how much flexing that arrow actually does. So.... here's a video for you to watch.

http://www.wernerbeiter.com/videos/Demo_3.mpg

Even though a few - very few -people are using a wb for fingers shooting, the blasted thingis NOT an optimal rest for shooting fingers. Forget the flippin' hole... I'm not even sure the outer ringallows enough clearance for a finger shooter's paradox. Do yourself a favor and use a flipper.

You want arrow containment?

Kwik-Loc arrow holder. $7.95 at Three Rivers. That doodad has worked like a champ at keeping arrows onrestsfor 40 years. As soon as you start to draw, the clip releases the arrow and you're ready to go. If that's too expensive for you, there is another version of the same idea at Three Rivers for 3.95, called the Aro Lock or something like that.
Looks like the flipin' hole won't work too good.guess i'll keep lookin[:'(]

Quick Reply: rest on recurve??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.