Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Ben Pearson Cougar...?? >

Ben Pearson Cougar...??

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Ben Pearson Cougar...??

Old 12-10-2005, 02:36 PM
XTP

Default Ben Pearson Cougar...??

I bought the bow from a friend for the whopping sum of 30 bucks..its in perfect condition except the bowstring is missing.There are no markings on it other than " Ben Pearson Cougar"....can anybody shed any light on this bow? draw weights,length etc.....I'm going to take it down to the pro shop next week but right now I'm just curious what I've bought.Thanx...
Old 12-10-2005, 03:07 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ben Pearson Cougar...??

I don't remember the length on the Cougar--think it's 60" or 62"? You can find out my measuring. Get a cloth tape and start at the top of the string groove. Measure along the side, following the contour on the limb, through the center of the riser, to the top of the other string loop. That will be the AMO length of the bow.

For the string, it should get a string about 4" shorter than the AMO bow length. Dacron only, endless or flemish.

The draw weight and AMO length should be in ink on the side of the riser. Some also had the draw weight marked under the strike plate.

Nice old bow.

Chad
Old 12-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ben Pearson Cougar...??

My Cougar is 62". The draw weight is marked on the grip but not it's length. I think mine is an older, pre-AMO bow. You can go to www.archeryarchives.com and scan the info taken from old Pearson catalogs to find out more about your particular bow.