Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

archery shops

Old 09-28-2005, 12:09 PM

Default archery shops

Ok, I think I found them all in OKC. What a dissapointment they've been for me. I know they sell what makes the money, but there's so much metal and plastic it just confuses me. I don't even know what I'm looking at most of the time!!! I have to read labels just to see what some of it is, because it looks like a torture device or something.You could spend a fortune onall those contraptions!They usually have a token recurve at a price over list, and a few gloves or other things I recognize, but pickings are slim. I'm glad we have the internet, and mail order places. I bet a lot of you are in the same situation?

AND, I've always leaned a bit toward the odd side of things so never got into the whole how do I smell, and look thing for hunting. Have you seen all those camo patterns out there? HOLY MOLY! You can spray yourself with everything from essesnce of deer pee to something that is supposed to take all sent away. I'm telling you, I've seen some pretty interesting things the last couple of weeks trying to get back into shooting/hunting mode.

Just wanted to express my musings!
Christopher
Old 09-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: archery shops

I've been trying to figure out how to reply to your observations, Chris. Problem is, I can't say what I really think without somebody accusing me of being an anti-compound terrorist.[8D]
Old 09-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I was in the middle of nowhere when shooting a compound. Now that I'm shooting a stick, I feel so alone... there is NO support anywhere local.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep. Traditional archerydefinitely fosters self reliance.