Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 I'm getting the itch now! >

I'm getting the itch now!

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I'm getting the itch now!

Old 09-23-2005, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default I'm getting the itch now!

Last night, we set up two of our remaining stands. Well they are really my buddies stands (but I'll end up in one sometime during the season). We setupone stand about 50 yards inside the field, on the way to set up the other stand about 100 yards in from the field we had an audience. A nice four pointer (he'll be real nice in a few years) stood and watched. Then on our way out I heard a snort near the field. I stopped my buddy and we crept out slowly. Three flattops were standing within 5 yards of the truck!!!

Another reason I'm getting the itch is last night I shot eight arrows, four at 10 and 4 at 20 yards at a 3-d target from an elevated stand. All of the shots were within a 2-3inch group in the boiler. -- But I stopped while I was ahead.

Old 09-24-2005, 05:54 AM

Default RE: I'm getting the itch now!

I'm starting to get "antsy" myself........ My shooting has been good and I just pray I can perform when the time comes......

My only worry is that I haven't shot from a tree yet, so as of now,I will be hunting on the ground. That worries me a bit, b/c I know how hard it can be to get a shot off at ground level and I seem to get bored much sooner when on the ground. Maybe I can get some treestand shots in over the next few weeks and be in the treetops for the rut......

I sure hope I can, considering I have 7 lockons up and ready
Old 09-24-2005, 10:14 AM

Gettin real itchy up here in MN too. We had a pretty nice opening weekend last weekend. Although the temps were a little warm, and we had a T-storm opener morning, we all had fun and all had multiple deer encounters.

Can't wait to get back in a tree with my stickbow!
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

My only worry is that I haven't shot from a tree yet, so as of now,I will be hunting on the ground.
The best tip that I can give you on that is practice getting your shoulders sqaure to the target. You don't have to do it from an elevation. Practice drawing (but letting down). For real in tight shots, I have to get a more open stance, and use a combination of bending the appropriate knee and bending at the waist.

Of course try to get some real practice in, even if it is shooting from your stand while hunting before getting out in the afternoon or evening. .
Old 09-26-2005, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh this is about Bowhunting...

I was gonna recommend an ointment.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:19 PM

I am getting antsy, nervous, and excited but that is what i love about traditional bow hunting

Tim
Old 10-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Typical Buck

My season is already over[&o]it closed a week ago. No blood for me but I missed a 6x6 bull elk at 20 yards, (plucked the string)[:@]Good luck
Old 10-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

My season is already over[&o]it closed a week ago. No blood for me but I missed a 6x6 bull elk at 20 yards, (plucked the string)[:@]Good luck
It happens, but keep at it. And remember you were better off with a clean miss then a wounded animal.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:21 PM

Well, we had another warm weekend. Sunny and 75
Supposed to get some sleet adn snow later this week..... try again try again !

Took the opportunity to build a large blind for two guys. Going to try decoying for the first time as soon as the bucks start getting "the itch"