Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Chek-Mate

Old 09-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chek-Mate

I know Chad has a thing or two to do with them

Lets hear about the Atilla and Longhorn please...decided to just get what I really want instead of another hunk o' alum....
Old 09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Chek-Mate

Yea Bud!!! Good decision!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:08 AM

I've never heard anything bad about them, even on other sites.... They are a top notch bow and Chad is numero uno
Old 09-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah...If I don't hunt withit this year, I don't care to be honest...Our season runs pretty late..may be able to put some time in towards the end of the year if I get comfy, if not, oh well....I'm taking my time and doing it right...no heavy poundage, etc...45 pounds and the right arrow/head will do the job inside 15 yards...

I found a dealer that supposedly has a 46 pound Atilla in stock and chekcing to see if he has any longhorns......waiting on email confirmation
Old 09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I've never heard anything bad about them, even on other sites.... They are a top notch bow and Chad is numero uno
Thanks DC......how'd you fare down in your parts weather wise?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeffB

yeah...If I don't hunt withit this year, I don't care to be honest...Our season runs pretty late..may be able to put some time in towards the end of the year if I get comfy, if not, oh well....I'm taking my time and doing it right...no heavy poundage, etc...45 pounds and the right arrow/head will do the job inside 15 yards...

I found a dealer that supposedly has a 46 pound Atilla in stock and chekcing to see if he has any longhorns......waiting on email confirmation
I did this last season. I had the cabbagge, was ready to plop it down for a new machine, and said "man what the heck are you doing?"

I've been shooting a stick ever since. I actually feel like I'm shooting a bow again, connected to the experience. I'll probably spend $40 gearing up for this season (equipment wise, not license and permits) and have much more fun.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: JeffB

Thanks DC......how'd you fare down in your parts weather wise?
I did fine, but my wife's parents and grandparents homes were flooded. The grandparents home got about 10ft of water and will have to be completely gutted. The parents had about 5-6 feet of water and will have to be gutted as well. Their house was on stilts and 15ft above the ground and still got 6 feet of water!!! All furnishings and such were lost in both homes. Things could be worse though and we are thankful they are safe.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did fine, but my wife's parents and grandparents homes were flooded. The grandparents home got about 10ft of water and will have to be completely gutted. The parents had about 5-6 feet of water and will have to be gutted as well. Their house was on stilts and 15ft above the ground and still got 6 feet of water!!! All furnishings and such were lost in both homes. Things could be worse though and we are thankful they are safe.
Damn ....indeed though ..*things* can be replaced.....glad you and your loved ones are safe!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

I did this last season. I had the cabbagge, was ready to plop it down for a new machine, and said "man what the heck are you doing?"

I've been shooting a stick ever since. I actually feel like I'm shooting a bow again, connected to the experience. I'll probably spend $40 gearing up for this season (equipment wise, not license and permits) and have much more fun.
I've always wanted to give up the wheels..but injuries..time...etc...kept me from doing so...I'm in much better shape physically now and have a bit more free time since I'm single again....

But I will say this...none of the trad vendors must be hurting for money...I've got a few inquiries in about bows listed in stock and not ONE has got back to me..most of them I contacted a few days ago [:'(].....this always has been an issue w/ the trad shops, IME. The bowyers are generally top notch....but the"general" trad shops are usuallylittle rinky-dinkoperations doing it as a hobby on the side.....I've got no patience for poor Customer Service having "been there , done that" over the years...may just have to order a Savannah from KeyStone or Cabelas or something...yeesh
Old 09-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jes wanted to make it clear that I was not referring to Chadas regards to not being contacted about bows in stock. Chad's always beenquick to reply and extremely helpful thecouple times I've contacted him

Quick Reply: Chek-Mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.