HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Chek-Mate
Thread: Chek-Mate
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM
JeffB
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chek-Mate

ORIGINAL: Rangeball

I did this last season. I had the cabbagge, was ready to plop it down for a new machine, and said "man what the heck are you doing?"

I've been shooting a stick ever since. I actually feel like I'm shooting a bow again, connected to the experience. I'll probably spend $40 gearing up for this season (equipment wise, not license and permits) and have much more fun.
I've always wanted to give up the wheels..but injuries..time...etc...kept me from doing so...I'm in much better shape physically now and have a bit more free time since I'm single again....

But I will say this...none of the trad vendors must be hurting for money...I've got a few inquiries in about bows listed in stock and not ONE has got back to me..most of them I contacted a few days ago [:'(].....this always has been an issue w/ the trad shops, IME. The bowyers are generally top notch....but the"general" trad shops are usuallylittle rinky-dinkoperations doing it as a hobby on the side.....I've got no patience for poor Customer Service having "been there , done that" over the years...may just have to order a Savannah from KeyStone or Cabelas or something...yeesh