Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hoyt's Gamemaster

Old 08-28-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Hoyt's Gamemaster

Hey

I was looking at getting the Hoyt Gamemaster for a carp'n bow. I know this is a little expensive for a carp bow, but I was wondering if anyone has shot, or owns a Gamemaster that would be able to give me some feed back as to how it shotts, and what kind of abuse I'll be able to put it through. Any comments would be great! tahnks guys

-Hoyt
Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 AM
Spike

Default RE: Hoyt's Gamemaster

I got one last Jan. and it is a blast to shot.I got a 45# one .I shoot it off a rest and not the self.I have took it to several 3-d shoots and done well with it.I have found out that the string does strecth a bit.After hunting season I'll get another one .I am planning on taking it deer hunting this year,Two more 3-d shoots and then I'm going to start to find a good shaft to hunt with.Right know I'm using 2213 at 28".I need to shorten them a litle bit because of short draw lgth.I did shoot a 100gr stinger 2 blade and it flew like a dart.I have sims dampeners and it went from 175fps to 166fps,so if I get a different shaft maybe a little more speed and KE.Good luck with it and happy shooting.Remember it's all about having fun.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I haven't shot one, and have seen good and bad posted about them.

GA, something to consider with the arrows--you can pick up speed, but may loose penetration. I like a heavier arrow myself, rather than a faster one. I've been doing a lot of research over the last couple of years on big game hunting--particularly Asiatic water buffalo. I've talked to one fellow that guides and has seen several disasters with guys that wouldn't listen when he told them to use HEAVY arrows for penetration purposes. The stickbow shooters are generally shooting 70+ lbs, and arrows that are 800-1,000 grains. Not fast, but they penetrate.

You shouldn't have a problem on whitetail with your current set-up, but if you do, don't expect a lighter/faster arrow to solve it.

Chad
Old 08-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy who uses a Gamemaster for bowfishing.
He loves it.

I'm not sure I could bear to bang up such a beautiful and expensive bow though.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, the Gamemaster is a nice bow. Almost bought one for myself a few months back. It should be fun though for hunting or whatever.

GA, maybe I'm off base but it seems like your arrows are way too stiff (over-spined). You may wish to consult the Kelly spine chart. Just a suggestion... not trying to be too critical. Good luck.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

GA, Time for me to eat a little crow. When I posted above about your arrows being too stiff (IMO) I could have sworn I read 2219 as your size. My apologies. 2213's are about the same spine as 2115's or inbetween 3-28 and 3-39 ACC's. They should be fine. Again, sorry for the poor post. I'll blame it on oldtimers disease.