Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty! >

Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty!

Old 12-31-2001, 11:33 PM

Default Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty!

So what do ya all think about this?Are very many of you guys going to convert to Hoyt now?Do ya think that this will help Hoyt out that much in sales,So they'll be able to better thier Tech. Service?Quicker out times and better warranty coverage period.Or do ya think it'll hurt them,in the long run?

I'm sold!Tradin the Pro 38 in if they'll cut me a deal on a Pro or Ultra Tech.

What do you guys think of those flames?

Those bows I drew were hard pulling like my Pro 38 is.The Havoctec,Magnatech, Ultratech,and Cybertech.All w/ the Versa cam.

I'm shooting Hoyt and Parker This Year.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:40 AM

Default RE: Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty!

The lifetime warranty was one of the factors I used when I decided to switch from Parker to Hoyt. I never had a problem with my Parker, so I never got to test the warranty, (can't complain!). I think that it is an added benefit for Hoyt as well. It almost ensures a better end product, now that they are obligated to fix it years later. The flames are sooo cool! It was the flames that attracted my attention in the first place. I ended up ordering the HavocTec in Mossy Oak Forest Floor though. I figured after shooting indoor all winter and 3D this summer, I would hate to have to hang it up to go hunting!
Old 01-01-2002, 10:50 AM

That is the best thing Hoyt could have done. There old 4 year warranty, didn't do them too good cause if it was broken after the warranty, it would cost and arm and a leg to repair the bow. This will steal a lot from the other bow companies out there. I have been loyal to Hoyt since I started and this new warranty, is something that will make me stick with them. I put my bows through hell, and they break a lot so this will help LOL.
Old 01-01-2002, 11:12 AM

What good is a lifetime warranty to folks who purchase a new bow every year or two?
Old 01-01-2002, 02:25 PM

Good point Ralphie. The life time warranty is the last thing that will attract me to a bow. It is good know that your bow will always be fixed if anything goes wrong.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:16 PM

Well'Ralphie why can't you just give that last years bow to someone in your family and get them started or sell it to them.Then when something goes wrong you turn in the warranty claim.I gave mine to my dad and brother last two years.

Or even a buddy.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Most bow companies offer lifetime replacement of machined risers, limb pockets, and eccentrics, the only thing not warranted for life are usually the limbs, and they usually have at least a 3 year warranty. If they do not fail after 3 years of normal wear and tear, chances are they are not going to fail anyway.I have quite a few bows that have been around here for over 10 years,(some over 20) and they all still shoot just fine. I really do not see what all of the hoopla is about other than it being simply a new angle of marketing hype, it really is nothing that new or different. Nothing against Hoyt or anyone else, but if you really have to worry about parts replacement to the point where this actually makes a difference to you, it looks to me like you have little confidence in the equipment you are shooting. This is not good, one must always be totally confident in themselves and their equipment for best performance from both. I for one would never switch from a bow that I shot very well and had confidence in just for the sake of a lifetime warranty on limbs that for the most part would never be utilized. To each their own, but don't let the hype suck you into something that really isn't all that big of a deal nowadays due to better technology and materials. Just my own thoughts, Pinwheel 12
Old 01-01-2002, 05:05 PM

Pinwheel, you are exactly right. Lifetime warranty is not all that.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:26 PM

Lifetime warrantee can distort things. Do you actually want to pay what it costs to fix the bow so and so gave to his brother and then handed in the warantee card for? Great now I am paying to service a bow for a guy who cares for it so much he had to get it free. Next it is replacement without questions, now I am paying to replace bows for oafs who fall out of their stands on them.

Some companies find this is a low cost issue, and others have had to withdraw them. We will see how it works out here. But there isn't a free lunch, if its meaningful the careful people pay for it, if its meaningless, its just fair enough hype.

I assume it doesn't apply to the FITA stuff?
Old 01-01-2002, 09:43 PM

The major problem I envision for Hoyt comes from the fact that they change things so often. As Mathews still offers the MQ-1 getting parts for lifetime replacements probably is not an issue. Hoyt changes their mix so often that I can envision problems once a model is 3 or 4 years old. Hope that this is not the case, but I expect that they will soon switch back to solid limbs. If that happens where will we be 4 years from now with a delaminated split limb? I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Hoyt's Lifetime Warranty!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.