Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Targets You Love, And Hate..... >

Targets You Love, And Hate.....

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Targets You Love, And Hate.....

Old 05-29-2005, 10:21 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Targets You Love, And Hate.....

What's your favorite 3-D target, and which one makes you mad before you even shoot at it?

I have a hard time picking my favorite--I like the bears and hogs, but I guess the deer is my favorite because that's what I hunt the most. The bedded deer seems to have my number though........

The one I hate is the McKenzie standing turkey. Not much of a kill zone to begin with, and if you don't hit that sucker solid your arrow is likely going off into never-never land. I'm not too great with the really big targets either--I don't get to shoot at them very often, and the size can really throw me off on the distance. I hate missing a 10-ring the size of a basketball!

Chad
Old 05-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Targets You Love, And Hate.....

Hehe, I agree w/you about that dang jake turkey Chad! And they're even more intimidating when they're turned so that the kill is off to the side. Heck, I generally just try & center punch those suckers, no matter how they're set. ...Anyone remember back when a 'glance-off" was worth 5 pts? I didn't hate em nearly as bad then. Several of the smaller targets can (& have) get my goat; bobcat, beaver, red fox, etc...& I don't care for some of the newer deer targets w/scoring rings marked oddly for angled/elevated shots (esp when set up as a straight broadside shot). Still, the jake has to be the worst of the lot for me.

My favorite target is a toss-up between the big Rhinehart WT buck & the McKenzie caribou. Man, I haven't been shooting much & Cloverdale is only a couple weeks away! Yikes!!
Old 05-30-2005, 06:22 AM
Spike

Hate the alligator. I've only shot at two, but I ain't hit one yet. Love the standing bear.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:44 AM

The beaded buck for me.I have shoot low on this target so many times. I like all the small targets. (I like to hunt them tree rats)The wife and I are going order a couple of trgets. The beaded buck will be one of them
Old 05-30-2005, 08:02 AM
COB

I like the live Chad target with an apple on his head! Just can't seem to get him to stand still long enough for me to gat a shot though! He must have seen me shoot. [8D]
Old 05-30-2005, 08:13 AM

I like the der and hogs/javelina the best, and that darn standing bear just kicks my A_ _ every time
Old 05-30-2005, 08:51 AM

Mine would be the coyote, never score good on him or the moving javelina.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: recurver67

Mine would be the coyote
Mine was the coyote, but after 2 targets and 500 bucks I have gotten rid of that fear. Climbing bear always gets me.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:37 AM

Favorites have got to be the McKenzie standing bear and the Rinehart white howling wolf. The standing bear assures you of at least a "5" if you control your lefts and rights, and the white wolf just jumps out at you in a woodland setting. Least favorite have to be the McKenzie jake turkey and the Rinehart little black bear. Both have too small a "10" zone and always seem to be set up just outside my comfort range.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite target has to be the red hog from Longhorn. Or maybe their giant armadillo. It's kinda cool. The McKenzie buffalo would be right up there toward the top, but they always have that booger sitting out there at 50-60 yards. My least favorite is the dreaded McKenzie football turkey.

Quick Reply: Targets You Love, And Hate.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.