Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 FurBEARer Bonanza Day 4 (more fur on pg. 4) >

FurBEARer Bonanza Day 4 (more fur on pg. 4)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FurBEARer Bonanza Day 4 (more fur on pg. 4)

Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 AM

Default FurBEARer Bonanza Day 4 (more fur on pg. 4)

Had an interesting evening after work today. I shot a redfox on the way in to my stand at 30 yards and just dropped it in its tracks but lost the arrow.

Then I get on stand and another fox comes into my call, which I drill at 20 yards. Now I got the first fox, but company showed up before I got down to recover the second and she got a free meal off of me. She walked under the stand at 9 yards and presented a great shot. She even hung around while I put the bow down and got my camera out. (You can see the bloodtrail from the second fox right in front of her feet in the photo.)There's a monster with world record potential in here so I wasn't even thinking about shooting her but she sure did make a mess of my evening by stealing my fox and then wondering off into the brush between me and the truck. Makes the walk out in the dark a bit exciting!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FurBEARer bonanza

WOW!!!! that would be an interesting walk out, LOL. WTG on getting at least the one fox. Very .
Old 10-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Great pics,
Thanks for sharing them.
DW
Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holly crap!
That's some fun there
Old 10-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

That is crazy! great pictures
Old 10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is insane, i will have to experience it someday. I can only imagine what that must be like, knowing the rush that i get while hunting deer and while on stand for blackbear. Hunting brownbear is a whole different league. Good luck on the big bruin.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the fox! X2 I thought I had read you switched to Hoyt because you had trouble with your Btech? Just wonderin.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: jcpopejr

Congrats on the fox! X2 I thought I had read you switched to Hoyt because you had trouble with your Btech? Just wonderin.
I still have both. The Hoyt is my backup and it's rigged for expandables, the BowTech for fixed blades. We can't use expandables up here for brown bear or goats so I'm using the BowTech until my Matthews DXT gets here hopefully today. (Got it for the light weight carry on mtn. goat hunts which starts on Saturday.) So now I've got a bow for deer, one for bear and another for goats. [:-]
Old 10-28-2008, 11:54 AM

You are one lucky man! I still can't wait to head up that way, hopefully the winter will hold off and not be so harsh this year, and the trip may be sooner than I expect.

Got any billys scouted out, or going in blind? Good luck Saturday, Mtn Goats are a dream of mine, and I can only imagine the physical endurance needed for such a hunt. Best of luck.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome pics man!!! Great stuff Kodiak!!

Quick Reply: FurBEARer Bonanza Day 4 (more fur on pg. 4)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.